Search the forum,

Discuss What should I expect to pay? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AdeMD

Hi There - we are getting a new bathroom fitted with shower cubicle, freestanding bath, relocated sink unit and relocated toilet. We will be getting the floor and shower cubicle tiled with travertine tiles (apparently electric cuts) 12m2 in total. We would also like some underfloor heating. New plasterboarding and completely replastered throughout.

What should I expect to pay? So far we have had a quote for £5000 which includes labour and all materials.

Nope, note the suite. It includes: tiling in travertine, plumbing (inc two relocations - so some changes to pipework), shower cubicle, new plasterboard and plastering, underfloor heating. Includes materials and labour basically.

Done an estimate recently for building an en-suite in master bedroom at 3700+ price of suite so sounds about right. Always go for 3 quotes but cheapest doesn't always mean better

Then yeah its in the right area, obviously difficult to say exactly without seeing it.

Theres a lot of work there. Personally I would dump the travertine , porcelain tiles are a pain but far superior IMO .

For a correctly installed room that has the correct waterproof backer board for the shower, correct 15 mm plysub floor and 15 mm insulation, plus latex, correct electrical installation with building control part p certificate, ip65 lighting, floor thermostat, waste removal by licensed carrier, correct plumbing with kite marked products, £5000 sounds very very cheap. Sort of thing Economic Migrant from Luton would do. For a quick in and out with plaster board backer, no sub floor or insulation and a non certified electrical installation, waste removed to the nearest hedgerow etc £5000 is a rip off. As said Travertine is a labour intensive tile, easy to crack and needs constant maintenance, especially in a hard water area with no water softener installed. In my area that job would go for around £8000 to £10,000 for a key turner drop dead gorgeous finish, certified and legal.
Ps. Be aware that your electric underfloor heating may require a new consumer unit to be fitted or at minimum a RCB garage unit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi There - we are getting a new bathroom fitted with shower cubicle, freestanding bath, relocated sink unit and relocated toilet. We will be getting the floor and shower cubicle tiled with travertine tiles (apparently electric cuts) 12m2 in total. We would also like some underfloor heating. New plasterboarding and completely replastered throughout.

What should I expect to pay? So far we have had a quote for £5000 which includes labour and all materials.

Ask for a breakdown of the quote. It will make it easier for comparison purposes when you get a couple of more quotes. Care in the preperation of a job will make it easier for you later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What should I expect to pay? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a stone-resin shower tray, new ceramic tiles on the floor and half tiling on the walls. All the work...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Our bathroom fitters have finished the first fix. However, when the tiler came round, he pointed out these issues: Standard plasterboard has been used throughout (including the future shower area), rather than using the waterproof variety of plasterboard or to use tiling board. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system optimisation and efficiency and i've come to the conclusion that the boiler in my property is way oversized for the requirements, The property is a 4 bed...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock