Currently reading:
what should i charge?

Discuss what should i charge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys

I've just started out on my own as a plumber (no gas)

I'm based in loughborough and mainly work nottingham, loughborough and Leicester. but I'm originally from Teesside so I'm just trying to work out a correct day rate/ hourly rate? even though I tend to just do a job rate
I keep getting told I'm too cheap so getting a fair few jobs but don't want to be stepping on, other lads toes by undercutting them majorly.
any advice would be appreciated cheers Dave

OK these redback have got my interest now lol.

They look like someone's been playing with a 3d printer and used spray adhesive to stick a bit of fabric to em but seem to have very good reviews.

Best way I can describe them it’s very similar to flooring some pubs have behind the bar, takes a lot of impact. The only downside is they are a little heavier than the foam ones

I am based in Bingham just outside of Nottingham and charge £300 day rate, £60 for the first hour the £40 there after.

If you are looking for work let me know, as I know somebody who has a kitchen and bathroom contract or the council in Loughborough.
cheers for that mate, I will let you know if I'm struggling cheers, Also thanks to you and every one for the advice

I think £40/h £200/day for a plumber is about right.

I'm just south of Leicester and charge 60 for first hour and 40 p/h after, 300 for day, 100 for out of hours callout.

When I first went self employed I started at 50 first hour, 35ph after

Looking at changing to 60/h with 20min increments after first hour as I tend to undercharge for jobs that go over the hour.
350/day, 200 for 4h

I do provide a good after sales service and free quotes, if the job is very straight forward and wasnt out of my way I'll sometimes take £20 or £40. It's surprising sometimes how little I can make in a day, like today I was out for 11hours and only made £160, with my weekly overheads at £200 that doesn't pay the bills!

I have to take at least £1000/week to make being self employed worthwhile

Last edited:

Reply to what should i charge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock