Search the forum,

Discuss What power cable for immersion heater? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

An easy one...

The power cable from my immersion heater controller to the heater itself needs replacing. It's been stripped back so many times over the years that it's getting too short. Can someone qualified tell me exactly what cable to ask for?

From what I've read, it would be a three-core (twin and earth) 1.5 mm² flexible heat-resistant cable, but I want to be sure. The immersion heater is 3 kW. The supply is Economy 7. The cylinder is a "Fortic" (i.e. combination hot / cold water) tank.

Does the number of strands in the cores matter? Are some makes of cable better than others? I'd like to be sure of a good connection.

Reply to What power cable for immersion heater? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock