Search the forum,

Discuss What parerwork to issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Brettfev

Hi, I have worked as a heating engineer for 9 years for a housing association where we have to fill out 4 forms every time we install a boiler. The reason for this post Is I want to know what I need to buy and what I need to fill out to operate correctly as i have just got my own gas safe registration for my side jobs and just wanted to clarify what paperwork I need to issue for the jobs I do.

Ive got a pad for landlord/home owner gas safety record, which I will fill in when I do gas safe checks.
do I need to issue one of these when I install a boiler? Or just fill out the benchmark and notify gas safe online?

Also, if I do a repair will I need to fill out one of these ?

Thanks

Installs I only do the benchmark.
Do not bother for repairs, just use invoice book, and note down what has been done.
If you get the pads from BES Ltd, they cover the lot

Always use the Landlord/Homes owner gas safety certificate as well as the Benchmark. It covers your arse for the things not listed on the Benchmark. And of course notify GSR for the BR cert.

So apart from the landlord/ home owner pad ive already got what other paperwork will I need to buy?

as Reg man pointed out LL/home owner cert must always be issued,and as lame said you will also need a warning notice pad

where in a benchmark does it cover tightness testing,equipotential bonding or tests carried out? your arse would not touch the floor if there was a incident ,and the court would grill you for not following procedure

Gas man are you saying you must fill out paperwork saying you have done a TT? I know it's mandatory to do a TT on a new install but is it mandatory to write it down somewhere, and. You don't have to write down your NCS's although it's good practice and easier to inform responsible person if it's a landlord by putting it on the paperwork somewhere but not mandatory

They would have to prove you were not following industry standards. A bit of paper means nothing. You note defects as you find them and that's it. Home owner pad . Service pads, blah blah blah.

Gas man are you saying you must fill out paperwork saying you have done a TT? I know it's mandatory to do a TT on a new install but is it mandatory to write it down somewhere, and. You don't have to write down your NCS's although it's good practice and easier to inform responsible person if it's a landlord by putting it on the paperwork somewhere but not mandatory
no kirk not saying its mandatory to fill out paperwork to say you have done a soundness, but we both know if something goes wrong last person in is in the brown stuff,all i am trying to impart is cover your arse

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys good points there,, ,,, before long id say the benchmark page will be re done to incorparate tightness eq bonding etc,, me personally i usually do the benchmark my pad and leave printout from fga and that does my let by and tt , it also looks better to the customer with everything,

Thanks for your responses everyone, I've just had a letter from gas safe about my probation inspection in june so just want to get everything right. Cheers

Paperwork may not be mandatory, but it shows professionalism. Its just good practice.

The two books I carry is notices book and one book that I get from BES that covers new installation, landlord safety and service. One book for all.

If it's a full central heating job I fill out boiler benchmark and have a central heating commissioning pad from corgi I fill out. But if it's just a boiler I only fill in benchmark and do the warranty and building control bit online :D

We all have a different view on what to make us look professional after charging a few bob, I always use these to cover my bottom around safety and quality as they are a doddle to fill out and tick the boxes of the fussy customers:

Quality Assurance - Sign Off Form Shows I deal in quality

Hazard ID Form on Survey Shows I think about potential hazards

Asbestos risk survey form Shows them I'm up to date

All easy to fill out. If you do an MOT you want some paper for your dosh so these take little time when they've spent a few bob.

Yeh forms are awesome.
7ytumyhy.jpg

Not like you can just scribble what u like. I mean 30odd of 22mm defo results in 19mbar and the 28kw boiler operating at 18! Good work. 12 at the boiler no aecv even though 3rd floor. Flue against chimney but hey paperwork was ok .

Some engineers only leave paperwork if the customers a nice bit of stuff :)
you need to position the paperwork correctly though, and get your eyes in the right position.

Then you can look right down her top as she's signing it :)

with a bit of practice you quickly become an expert
never get me doing such a thing though :wink_smile:

You need to get ID and At risk stickers as it's a legal requirement as I was told on my probation.

You need to get ID and At risk stickers as it's a legal requirement as I was told on my probation.

It isn't a legal requirement to have them, but it makes senses, if you find something that is ID or AR you must fill out paperwork, but you could phone your mate to bring you a pad round if you don't have one with you, but it's not going to happen like that is it?
If you find something that is ID and they give you permission to cap it till you get the part tomorrow, as it's an existing customer, good relationship, no chance of them giving the job to someone else, you should still fill out the form but it's not a disaster if you don't, it's capped and safe, but the reg is the reg, but say it's a dodgy customer and it's AR and they give you permission to turn off, if you don't have a form and sticker and they use it and someone dies you could get hammered for it, as the other customer will swear blind you didn't advise them it was not to be used

Yeh forms are awesome.
7ytumyhy.jpg

Not like you can just scribble what u like. I mean 30odd of 22mm defo results in 19mbar and the 28kw boiler operating at 18! Good work. 12 at the boiler no aecv even though 3rd floor. Flue against chimney but hey paperwork was ok .

I went out to a warranty call before we called the manufacturers the bloke who installed it was used to fitting Worcesters but in this house he installed a Vaillant. The benchmark was filled out perfectly for a worcester 28fsn but not the Vaillant 837 I think it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What parerwork to issue? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock