Search the forum,

Discuss What material to seal the gap between bath and wall? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

20210908_075824.jpg
20210908_075809.jpg
I've found a couple options I could buy yo fix this - would you recommend either or something different?

Last edited:
I'd rather you than me. Bath really needs taking out and fitting properly, but that's probably not an option. If the bath moves a lot, you might be better off with duct tape until you can stop it moving as anything else will not last long enough to be worth the hassle.

I don't like using strip. Sometimes you have to to cover an ugly gap, but it would be better to seal behind the strip with silicone so you aren't relying on the strip to make the seal. Strip often doesn't seal effectively and fails to stay in position. If you try this one with success, do let us know!

I wonder if you can get behind the bath (perhaps from below) and form a backing to cover the gap with expanding foam or what have you and then you have something to pack the silicone against. Or just use silicone in between as best you can and also surface mount it to form a kind of miniature scotia moulding over the front edge of the tiles. It won't be the neatest bath edge on the planet, but can be made reasonably presentable (use masking tape to get a clean edge if you haven't much experience with silicone).

A thorough clean down is needed first before applying anything , as other have advised check for movement and rectify this first before using Dow Corning 785 to fill the gap and smoothing off using a silicone smoothing tool and soapy water as below fill the bath with water and leave full untill fully cured. Kop

Attachments

• 20180811_130645.jpg
    20180811_130645.jpg
    175 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180811_140918.jpg
    20180811_140918.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 13
  • Screenshot_20210908-151331.png
    Screenshot_20210908-151331.png
    369.4 KB · Views: 12

Reply to What material to seal the gap between bath and wall? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock