Search the forum,

Discuss What Make or type of Radiator should I buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I am going to replace two rads - they need to be compact and double finned? What make should I be looking for, or what should I be looking for in a RAd or will popping down to Screwfix be ok?

Screwfix kudos for me. Just check the packaging before you leave the store, although quite well packaged now if theres a ding in the cardboard ask for another.

Value for money then kudos , but I favour Purmo they are well made give excellent heat output here's a couple I just did, stelrad are also good but I hate the spot welds that often show through the paintwork, flat fronted rads are becoming popular with detail lining or just completely flat if you fancy something a bit different I have them installed in my home most manufacturers are producing them now . Kop

Attachments

• 15724148315537479521057987361814.jpg
    15724148315537479521057987361814.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20191030-054528.png
    Screenshot_20191030-054528.png
    389.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_20191030-054609.png
    Screenshot_20191030-054609.png
    532 KB · Views: 12
The current rad is fine but its a single panel - the pipe comes up from the floor. I was thinking getting the pipes to come through the wall - for a better finish - would I need a special type of fitting for this?
[automerge]1572428435[/automerge]
Value for money then kudos , but I favour Purmo they are well made give excellent heat output here's a couple I just did, stelrad are also good but I hate the spot welds that often show through the paintwork, flat fronted rads are becoming popular with detail lining or just completely flat if you fancy something a bit different I have them installed in my home most manufacturers are producing them now . Kop

I love the first rad - I was looking at something that doesn look like the typical rad. Is that a Purmo?

Yes Purmo Ramo compact range , regarding the pipes out the wall you will have to channel the wall and do the nessesary pipework adjustment to suit . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191030-103705.png
    Screenshot_20191030-103705.png
    171.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20191030-103813.png
    Screenshot_20191030-103813.png
    127.3 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Reply to What Make or type of Radiator should I buy? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a slightly undersized radiator in my living room. The calculation says 6315 btus and my rad is 6019 btus. It was a replacement radiator, the same size as the previous one (so pipes were in the right place). There is a gas fire in the room as well. Should this undersizing cause a problem...
Replies
Views
My Mother-in-law was quoted ÂŁ1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4 radiators need to be upgraded to doubles, would this need to be done if they are drained off and replaced? How does one actually know it needs a power...
Replies
Views
I am trying to workout in what order my radiators heat up in order to then balance them. I am able to figure out which radiator pipe is the flow/return on each radiator so that I can then grab the right pipe to check which heats up first. There has been an extension done on this house at some...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone đź‘‹ I am getting a secondary rad put in under our windows. The first one is a double panel with fins. This is to try and boost a little as room gets slightly chilly in winter. I've looked at the calcs online, and I think a single panel with fins, type 11, should do the trick. I...
Replies
Views
I have had some old radiators replaced. Having checked the btu calculation myself, the new radiator is slightly undersized. It should have been 6150 btus, and the k1 rad that has been fitted (the required width in order to fit the old pipes) is 6025 btus. Output wise the next rad up would be a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock