Search the forum,

Discuss What lead lock do i use on pipe 1inch in diameter. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

What size lead lock do i need for pipe the is
1” in diameter? I bought a 1” x 15mm and it
was to small.

I used a tape measure around the outside of the pipe, it came to 4 inches.
If it was one turn and exactly 4 inches then that's 4.0/pi = 1.27". That's probably 3/4" - 11lb lead pipe, which has an OD of 1.233". Another close size is 3/4" - 9lb, which is 1.152" OD.

There are other sizes with ODs closer to 1 inch, which is what you originally said the OD was. E.g. 1/2" - 9lb has an OD of 1.016".

Last edited:
don"t they now do one that fits 1 lb to 3 lb universal , its alarge unit, sure i"ve seen one some where?

Just buy a 1/2 7,9lb and 3/4 9lb and return what you don’t use

9 OR 11 LBS
What size lead lock do i need for pipe the is
1” in diameter? I bought a 1” x 15mm and it
was to small.
Go for 9 or 11 LB Lead Loc which I thinks 3/4" 22mm copper quite a large one

Reply to What lead lock do i use on pipe 1inch in diameter. in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

L
We're in the process of doing grounds work for a new garden office, and unfortunately my go-to plumber is away and uncontactable at present. We need to lay a MDPE pipe for a cold water (only) supply for a WC and basin, as well as a second pipe to bring a bore hole feed up to a higher level in...
Replies
Views
P
I'm building a steam punk clock and am using a thermometer pressure gauge as one of the parts. What I need to know is how can I plumb to the rod extending from the pressure gauge without using several parts. The rod diameter is 12mm and I will be using 8mm copper piping for the project...
Replies
Views
Paul Alone
P
D
  • Question
Hi, I have a dishwasher that needs to move further back to fit flush with the other units, as is sticking out. What's in the way is an outflow pipe with 50mm diameter. Replacing it with a 25mm pipe would do the trick. Pic at pipework.png hosted at TinyPic - https://tinypic.host/i/ocehtd...
Replies
Views
Hello, First post, be gentle! Anyway, here's my issue. I have a Roca The Gap D-Trit close-couple toilet with integrated macerator in my secondary bathroom. In all it's a great solution for a problem location for a bathroom. However, the cistern has a typical european style side inlet pipe, and...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock