Search the forum,

Discuss what kind of pipe is this - water leak in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all
hope you are all well .

Is the pipe in the photos lead or steel ?

I suspect its leaking further down (water) as there is a puddle and I could hear running water until i turn the water off in the street

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20221207_181715833.jpg
    IMG_20221207_181715833.jpg
    781.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20221207_181722140.jpg
    IMG_20221207_181722140.jpg
    547.1 KB · Views: 25
Steel that might be a gas pipe so be careful digging down

If this is in the UK, I'm fairly sure it's not a water supply pipe but not because of its material. It's is not buried deep enough with respect to the surrounding ground level and would freeze during the winter.

Like @ShaunCorbs, I'd err on the side of caution and assume it's gas until further investigation proves otherwise.

Reply to what kind of pipe is this - water leak in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
I have a leak from my shower, it's coming down into my kitchen. I've had the sealant, waste pipe and tray all checked. I've also had the shower controls checked. Weird thing is the shower leak only happens when there's weight on the shower tray. The shower tray doesn't flex in any way, which is...
Replies
Views
D
I have a hot water slab leak which is found behind my bathroom vanity. We heard the noise for a week but never saw any water. Just today we saw water starting to come up under the vanity. I found the leak, my question is is it ok to run the hot water just long enough to take a shower? Does it...
Replies
Views
drpepper68
D
Hi all. This ‘valve’ is at the bottom of our domestic hot water cylinder. Anyone have any idea what it is please? It must’ve been there for many years and seems to be leaking.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock