Search the forum,

Discuss What is your quote success rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

What is your quote success rate? Does it ebb and flow over the year or stays faitly constant?

Has it improved over time?

Mmmm:cool:

Justice league, can I ask why you’re curious about this? A recent question you asked, was about is it normal to leave a customer hanging regards quoting for a new boiler in a new location.
You’re not from a surveying/ data company are you?

atm around 50% somtimes 40%

I'm not the cheapest and that's all people seem to want round me at the moment. So not many.

same as us then got told too expensive for a kitchen tap at £200 total includes a bristan tap coming out at just over the £100 mark

Mmmm:cool:

Justice league, can I ask why you’re curious about this? A recent question you asked, was about is it normal to leave a customer hanging regards quoting for a new boiler in a new location.
You’re not from a surveying/ data company are you?

No I am just a normal customer / consumer. My initial question was why would a tradesman take the time to come out to quote for work and then not quote - not happened to me before.

Which then lead me onto this question which I thought was interesting.

I would be concerned if my rate were that high Riley. That should only happen if you are far too cheap, you live on a remote island where you are the only choice or the others are Sweeny Todd Plumbing ... ;)

No a lot of it is because I am trusted through a letting agent where I am quoting for a large number of landlords who have faith in the service provided by the agent and their contractors

No a lot of it is because I am trusted through a letting agent where I am quoting for a large number of landlords who have faith in the service provided by the agent and their contractors
Best possible answer :)

Just don't put all of your eggs in one basket...

I think he's still just salty coz some lads didn't get back to him. Some people tend to take it badly sometimes.
Also I'm not sure this thread is doing us all any favours .

Im guessing as i dont actually know the plumber in question nor the job....
But I'd imagine all the possible reasons boil down to the fact the plumber doesn't like you
We have a choice in life as well, no matter how needy for work we may be.
Don't worry though, plenty more plumbers out there.
Be nice and you'll score

Ha ha ha
I would love to have a quote, estimate or just someone to do the f*ing job.
Had 3 out to look at the job so far not one bothered to get to me.
I can seem why BG do so well.
Furious, would never happen on the commercial side, I had 30 odd years would not have lasted six months carrying on like this lot, so unprofessional.

Last edited:
Ha ha ha
I would love to have a quote, estimate or just someone to do the f*ing job.
Had 3 out to look at the job so far not one bothered to get to me.
I can seem why BG do so well.
Furious, would never happen on the commercial side, I had 30 odd years would not have lasted six months carrying on like this lot, so unprofessional.

A question for you. What percentage of responsibility do you take? After all, you are the common denominator in these interactions. #JustAsking

A question for you. What percentage of responsibility do you take? After all, you are the common denominator in these interactions. #JustAsking
I give them full information, assist with site survey, what more can I do? I tell them price is not the main priority, a quality job is, I m sat here with 5 to 6. K cash. I don't understand, why travel and spend time doing a site survey then not having the courtesy to contact the customer even if its just to say sorry can't help you, whats so difficult about that?

I think he's still just salty coz some lads didn't get back to him. Some people tend to take it badly sometimes.
Also I'm not sure this thread is doing us all any favours .
Its a self inflicted wound.
Common courtesy to reply even if its a no sorry can't help you.

As an independent adult, if I have the misfortune to meet someone I dislike and don't want to deal with then I just get on with my life. End of.
I have no idea what that means, however if you bump into someone accidentally you instinctively apologies, that is common courtesy.

I give them full information, assist with site survey, what more can I do? I tell them price is not the main priority, a quality job is, I m sat here with 5 to 6. K cash. I don't understand, why travel and spend time doing a site survey then not having the courtesy to contact the customer even if its just to say sorry can't help you, whats so difficult about that?

I have experienced something similar.

Reply to What is your quote success rate? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock