Search the forum,

Discuss What is this shower fitting called in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,

The plastic connector/convertor which the shower hose attaches to has been leaking and needs replaced.

Beneath a cover is a screw which attaches the plastic unit to the protruding fitting.

Can somebody please tell me what this fitting is called and ideally point me in the direction of a replacement plastic part.

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG-2231.jpg
    IMG-2231.jpg
    191.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-2230.jpg
    IMG-2230.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-2229.jpg
    IMG-2229.jpg
    197 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG-2225.jpg
    IMG-2225.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 10
The silver outlet unit which has the shower hose fitting on it, is pushed on to the brass fitting, and there is a cover which is screwed off which hides the screw which fixes the silver unit to the brass piping.

The water doesn't exit the end of the pipe, but instead is diverted up and down between the two circular parts which have rubber seals round them.

They fit into a short tube on the inside of the silver outlet which then diverts/leads the water to the threaded hose outlet.

I am not a plumber, which you will have guessed by now, so I don't know what the correct terms are, but having searched Google using obvious terms this seems to be an unusual, if not unique, way of getting water from the mixer to the shower hose.

Has anybody seen anything like this before.

Thanks

It will be specific to that shower range or manufacturer. If you can identify the shower then you stand a chance of finding the part.

Or you could replace the o rings and some silicone grease.

It will be specific to that shower range or manufacturer. If you can identify the shower then you stand a chance of finding the part.

Or you could replace the o rings and some silicone grease.
Thanks SimonG, it does look non-standard.
I will look at the o rings.

Reply to What is this shower fitting called in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock