Search the forum,

Discuss What is this orange rectangular pipe deep in my backyard? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My backyard became very wet over the past year.
Today i did some digging and found this

• orange rectangular pipe underneath a gravel layer underneath the top soil.
  • Its rectangular not round.
  • It is very hard not plastic.
  • It bends at 90 degree and the corner has a huge crack with water gushing out.
  • my house is on a steep slope, main road highest point > my house > backyard. This thing is in the middle of the back yard.
  • There is easement at the end (lowest point) of my backyard.

What is this. Related to easement?
Full video

If it's under a gravel layer it will be a land drain, but is probably blocked downstream at the lowest / lower point and backing up.
It will need jetting from the end if it can be found or cut open at that point and jetted from there, then the low end should reveal itself.

to i did a bit more digging and pulled out a segment (it was already broken).

the interesting thing is water keep coming out however 1) my meter isn't moving so it is not metered water. 2) my rain water tank level also isn't moving and the valve is shut anyway, and 3) it isn't raining.
So i don't really know where the water is coming from.

If this is a land drain is it my asset or council's asset? I wonder if i can ask the council to fix it.

Attachments

• orange_pipe1.jpg
    orange_pipe1.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 17
  • orange_pipe2.jpg
    orange_pipe2.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 14
  • orange_pipe3.jpg
    orange_pipe3.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 14

Reply to What is this orange rectangular pipe deep in my backyard? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock