Search the forum,

Discuss What is this fitting called? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I had to replace a perished washer in my toilet cistern and I had to remove the cistern from the toilet itself. In the process of detaching the water pipe I had to unscrew a white plastic cowling / covering and it has slid down the pipe and now I can't move it back upwards to re-secure(!).

I think I have two options, either live with it there and get a new one, or work out a way to release it and move it back upwards.

Can someone please tell me what this cowling / covering is called? I've circled it in red in the picture. I can then maybe buy a new one to replace.

Or, is there an easy to 'release' it from its current position and move it back upwards? Brute force doesn't seem to be working.

All help appreciated! šŸ˜

Thanks

Attachments

• Pipe.jpg
    Pipe.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 10
You got two little flat screwdrivers ?

Put the screwdrivers Between the iso valve top nut and the white collar one each side and lift up

Reply to What is this fitting called? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock