Search the forum,

Discuss What is this connected to my pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, Is anyone able to identify what this box is connected to my pipes under the kitchen sink. This is leaking and I need to replace, but need to know what it is first.
Thanks

Capture.PNG

Anti flood device for either a washing machine or dishwasher

I assume its just a SOV the appliance opens when it needs to draw off water?

It's an anti flood device. It's a hose within a hose with the internal one carrying the water. If that ever bursts the outer hose fills with water and eventually (or quickly depending how bad the leak is) reaches the cylindrical anti-flood device which contains a float that moves and shuts off the supply to the leaking inner hose. Not a bad idea really.

It's an anti flood device. It's a hose within a hose with the internal one carrying the water. If that ever bursts the outer hose fills with water and eventually (or quickly depending how bad the leak is) reaches the cylindrical anti-flood device which contains a float that moves and shuts off the supply to the leaking inner hose. Not a bad idea really.

An elegantly simple solution. Very clever

Reply to What is this connected to my pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, Just looking for some general advise, I'm renovating my kitchen and need to disconnect my kitchen sink pipes while I re-plaster the room and wait for my new sink to arrive. So I need to temporary cap off the two below connections cant seem to find what is the best way to do this.
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I am replacing a kitchen tap and have run into some trouble when connecting the flexi hot and cold pipes to the hot and cold mains pipes. The connection end of the flexi pipe from the tap is a15mm, however the mains pipe I need to connect to is a 12mm. What connector do I need to buy? So far...
Replies
Views
Adam tl
A
While having new French doors fitted where my window used to be, the windows fitters have come across a pipe that’s in the way. They stop work as unable to identify the pipe, does anyone know what this could be?
Replies
Views
I will need: install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend for new W/C install new 100mm pvc pipe work, 90-degree bend with new gully pot at rear of new extension for sink waste clean water pipe carry out 2 x Lead connections with a new T section No excavation needed, all is digged out.
Replies
Views
Hi , i'm new to this forum & would like some advice , i have an upstairs bathroom & was wondering if i could put a cloackroom loo downstairs , my worry is how do i connect to the existing soil pipe , or is it possible to dig under where the new loo will be in case the soil pipe runs along the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock