Search the forum,

Discuss What is this called/where can I get one? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning Team,

I’ve got a tall flat panel radiator, 1800 x 600, flow and return both at the bottom. I have to insert a 15mm grub screw (what I’m looking for) to send the flow up and down the rad panels instead of going straight across the bar at the bottom of the panel

The bloody thing sheered as I tightened it up, luckily I could drill it out and unscrew it but now I need another. What’s it called and where does it come from?

could I use an appropriate grub screw with joint compound on it or are these rare and specific screws?

Pics below.
TIA

B

Attachments

• 7546B4CB-66DA-4A7B-BDD4-E64A137984B7.jpeg
    7546B4CB-66DA-4A7B-BDD4-E64A137984B7.jpeg
    104.3 KB · Views: 23
  • D05EE216-F9A4-483E-9A13-3CE2DBAB082D.jpeg
    D05EE216-F9A4-483E-9A13-3CE2DBAB082D.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 23
That doesn`t look like piece to divert water and because of the rubber sealing washer I would say it doesn`t need any other jointing compound. Agree to contact the manufacture first.

Why not contact the manufacturer? You’d probably have better luck.
I have tried but my German is not very good
[automerge]1606310568[/automerge]
That doesn`t look like piece to divert water and because of the rubber sealing washer I would say it doesn`t need any other jointing compound. Agree to contact the manufacture first.
I know what you mean but the instructions show it to be one.

I wouldn't bother going through a manufacturer, it's a standard allen bolt that you can get any where and if necessary cut down to suit. Keep it for that O ring though, unless you're a very strong bar steward it can't be stainless if you stripped it.

What diameter is the thread, will be standard metric size say between 5 - 8mm or so.

I don't know the size but you get the idea, you can make do with something off the shelf...

Could even be a button head if you have room as nobody is going to see it...

Last edited:
I wouldn't bother going through a manufacturer, it's a standard allen bolt that you can get any where and if necessary cut down to suit. Keep it for that O ring though, unless you're a very strong bar steward it can't be stainless if you stripped it.

What diameter is the thread, will be standard metric size say between 5 - 8mm or so.

I don't know the size but you get the idea, you can make do with something off the shelf...

Could even be a button head if you have room as nobody is going to see it...

Legend! Thanks for the help guys (and or girls)

Reply to What is this called/where can I get one? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock