Currently reading:
What is the collective's view on this

Discuss What is the collective's view on this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Right then ,

Fitted a bath suite for a customer who kicked the previous guy off as he had made a right hash of it. (In fairness it was a right mess as well).

The previous plumbs had advised them what to get and most of it including concealed shower was part fitted.

When i surveyed the job i advised against the shower as no access if ever their was an issue. Gave my price and they accepted so i cracked on with it.

Now it's finished seem to be loads of little weeps n leaks from the shower , annoyingly this was tested for about 4 days and left live and no issues.

Now its used in anger something has gone askew , managed to correct all the stuff from previous plumbs but problem now shower seems to have issues and can't get at nothing .This is annoying as i told them before about this and because it was fitted by other plumbs they couldn't send it back so they opted to use it.

Other issue they said they paid checked bank and they have yet to pay and never paid deposit as requested. This job was done couple weeks ago and yet still get call backs but as yet no coin .

what you guys suggest??

You will return to have a look at the issue, cash on arrival
If there is nothing you can do you still have been paid.
Can always use the 'I will contact manufacturers in the morning' to avoid an akward face to face

if they supplied the kit its upto them unless its on your fitted pipework

Once money is in the bank, as per your contract, you will be happy to come back to look at issues. If it is on your work it will be free but if it is on the shower supplied/fitted by others it will chargeable.

(Note to self for future - never start a job without confirming that the deposit has been paid & spend time setting out in writing what is required & covered by your quote)

Money claim online. Read the guidance. You still have the right to get paid. They will also need to give you the opportunity to rectify if on your pipe work. You can ask for more if issue is with shower itself and they don’t want to invoke warranty. Problem is proving whose leak it is.

Update.

I have been back yesterday to check it all over . Nothing leaking or appears to have leaked.
He said my invoice was incorrect and wanted 50 quid off !!
Load off bull so I told him I expect full payment.
As yet I still haven't been paid , told him I expect full payment by Friday or its late payment

And the moral is Ham? :)

• Get that contract sorted (happy to share one for bathrooms etc by DM but you must get it confirmed its right for you)
  • Get it signed & dated
  • Get ALL materials & sub-contract money (normally for me that was 60% of job) upfront
  • WALK AWAY (very quickly) from anyone who bitches about doing it any of it
:cool:

And the moral is Ham? :)

• Get that contract sorted (happy to share one for bathrooms etc by DM but you must get it confirmed its right for you)
  • Get it signed & dated
  • Get ALL materials & sub-contract money (normally for me that was 60% of job) upfront
  • WALK AWAY (very quickly) from anyone who bitches about doing it any of it
:cool:

You wont get any work here, speaking down suppliers about it oyher day . They were saying all the plumbs that try all that ultimately struggle and eventually close.

I'm guessing pasty country so Cornwall

NEARLY LOL

I have terms just put a t c's apply at bottom of quote. put them on hyperlinks so they can see them if required.

I use to do work for a barrister who put me in the direction of what to do. An acceptance of quote through text or mail means they have entered contract .

Reply to What is the collective's view on this in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back