Discuss What is the best setting to keep the central heating coming on daily when I'm away? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Gee

Hi, I have some questions about setting the thermostats and would appreciate some help. I would just set the programmer to twice a day but I'm concerned about power outages which we get a lot of so would like some advice.
  1. If I set the thermostat for the pipes (numbers on dial start at 3 and end at 10) at 10 and the thermostat on the boiler (worcester bosch) to antifreeze, will the central heating come on when the pipes-thermostat senses that the temperature is 10 deg c? Or will the thermostat on the boiler counteract it and turn on the heating only when it gets closer to freezing temperature?
  2. Will it work when the timer/programmer is set to 'off'?
  3. What temperature will the water get heated up to?
  4. Will it also heat the water in the water tanks in the loft?
  5. How do I ensure the heating comes on when it needs to even after a power outage?

Thanks for reading.

Kind regards
gee

Can you tell us what type of programmer or clock you have?
I presume the 3-10 stat is a frost stat?

i would leave all on constant with room stat set to what your insurance says, that way you will be covered and heating will come on when it needs to.

Reply to What is the best setting to keep the central heating coming on daily when I'm away? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back