Search the forum,

Discuss What instant water heater should I get? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A

Alb10n

Hi.
I've taken my immersion heater out and want to replace it with an instant hot water heater.
The unit will be placed on a wall at chest height from where the immersion heater control was sited (Horstmann economy 7 quartz)
The fuse on the fuse board says it's a 16A.
I only need it to heat water for a kitchen sink, bathroom sink & occasionally a washing machine (which heats its own water, really) which aren't too far away (Both ground floor)
Looking at heaters I am baffled as to what to get.

Can anyone point out what I should do from here?

Is the fuse good enough to use with a heater that is fitted?
What heater should I be looking for? (I think I need "unvented", what power, etc)

Won’t get an instant electric heater on that most require 40-50 amp

If it were literally just for hand washing, a handwash heater directly above the basin might suffice and would run at 3kW. But bathroom electrics are a special location and not really a DIY thing.

Thanx for the replies and advice.

It looks like I'll need an electrician and two units putting in, one under each sink.

Definitely not something I'd try myself.
At least the scrap boiler will help with the cost ;)

Cheers!!

If they are physically close, one unit under the kitchen sink will serve both sink and basin.
10 litre is quicker to reheat, 15 litre gives you more in one go - so the choice depends on your usage pattern.
These are either 2kW or 3 kW, I use 2kW as we have hard water here, they are useful little units.

Reply to What instant water heater should I get? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock