Search the forum,

Discuss What do you think of this work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JakeC

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've paid a good lump of money to these plumbers to do my whole house. I don't know much about plumbing i'm more electrical but I know abit.

They came in to do the first fix.. Quoted 3 days, they had been and gone in a day and this is what they left..

[DLMURL]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/2896/photo0026001.jpg[/DLMURL]
[DLMURL]http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5623/photo0024001.jpg[/DLMURL]
[DLMURL]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/381/photo0027001.jpg[/DLMURL]
[DLMURL]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/9017/photo0025001.jpg[/DLMURL]
[DLMURL]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/9048/photo0023001.jpg[/DLMURL]

They have bent the pipe with their hands, not wrapped the pipe and even hit the pipe with the hammer.

From the boiler they have ran 25mm pipe and as soon the pipe hits the floor it has been split into 10mm. I thought this had to be done at the radiator?

Thanks for any input.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid you've been the victim of cowboys, and as cowboys go, bad cowboys at that. It all needs redoing properly. it is very, very amateurish, (in fact that is probably an insult to amateurs) Whatever you do, please don't leave it and continue the work as you will find problems and leaks and will only have to rip it out and do it anyway sometime after you have plastered and decorated.

I would contact Trading Standards as these muppets obviously aren't reputable tradesmen. Unfortunately you have paid them but you shouldn't have done.

ALWAYS use reputable tradesmen, especially ones which have a good reputation and come recommended locally. My old tutor used to say the bigger and flashier the advert, the poorer the standard of work (as they have to advertise heavily because nobody will give recommends.)

Last edited:
Wow that is bad, go to trading standards if they are not prepared to either refund your money or put it right.

By who have you got enemys :eek:

The person who recommended them "should have gone to specsavers"

or perhaps they are getting a backhander?

pipes can be tweeked about by hand a bit if need-be and a slight tweek is going to cause less restriction to flow then a machine-pulled-bend. plus these pipes are all in runs that won't be seen later so cosmetically unimportant... but having said that what it does look is worringly rushed. not even sure why it was necessary to buckle the pipe in some places... looked like they chased more than ample runs to lay pipe in but then knocked the pipes around for no reason. just chucking it in any old how. looks like they were in a hell of a rush basically. or got their copper off a skip. anyway.. it makes you wonder what other corners will be cut. yeah, don't continue to use them and seek legal advice.

where copper pipe is in contact with rough masonry, expect major trouble later. Get a reputable tradesman to put it right, but PLEASE don't leave it!

They might just not have sleeved it yet? Not defending the work... just a thought.

They might just not have sleeved it yet? Not defending the work... just a thought.

At least that would cover up the huge dents.. Not just one about 5 in various places.

The pipe was on a coil rather than straight lengths so will explain some bending.. I just cant understand why they would not cover the pipes, theres no reason justifying not to

Good explain your concerns and see if willing to put right, though you said the pipe came of a reel. Microbore yuk in my opinion, I take this is for radiators and a new boiler?

And I hope all the rads heat up!

Good explain your concerns and see if willing to put right, though you said the pipe came of a reel. Microbore yuk in my opinion, I take this is for radiators and a new boiler?

And I hope all the rads heat up!

Totally agree, why use micro bore?

I would hold some money back even if they put it right. That is, until I was 100% happy:eek:

Should be interesting to see what happens because even if they fix it all they should have done it right the first time.

:)I agree with what you said Jake, do you cut your losses now. Ok, you've spent a grand, which lets be honest you'll probably not see again. Your probably talking small claims court etc but are you just hitting your head off of the wall.

Even if they do come back and put it all right, will you be happy letting them continue doing the work?

At least you've caught this work in time! many people wouldn't have.

Difficult one really.

I think the work is spot on, well it would be if I were paid ÂŁ1000 to install it, life would be good if we could get that sort of money for that sort of ------ sentiments are already suggested it not to good

there is nothing wrong with minibore if done propally sadlythis aint,its crap work,what the hell are they playing at?rip it out and start again this time with proper plumbers not ones who arrive on horses

leaks and or noisy pipes to follow. still they wont be able to punch you on the nose if they get lairy, judging by their hammer skills!!!!!!!!!!!

Needs to be run in hairfelt lagging to allow for expansion and contraction, nothing wrong with running the legs in 10mm.
Looks like a gash job.

Hi Jake, From the image evidence you have posted its clear to see a few dents in pipes, no sleeve but plenty of clips. Also, its not clear if the walls are being plastered or dot and dab plaster board. As for time quoted. It sounds like 3 days total to carry out first and second fix (which is about right). It is good practice on the part of the self employed plumber to draw down as much as the job will stand at first fix stage, leaving the balance to claim on completion. Have a chat with the guy who carried out the work and ask the obvious questions and tell him of your concerns. Good Luck

pipework not protected,should not be in an external wall ,it will be prone to freezing,poorly clipped,crap realy,how long have they been plumbers,how much did you pay them

Ok some like microbore, I dont, but with regard to the lack of workmanship here even if pipework wont be seen, you have got to have standards. And I see very little here on this job.

Whenever I do work I ask myself would it be good enough in my home if its not why should it be good enough for the customer.

dare i ask again are they gas safe registered to be doing the boiler as they look like slobs allready and if this little care taken i doubt their workmanship is going to improve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to What do you think of this work? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock