Search the forum,

Discuss What cable is required for Nest Heatlink? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

What cable do I need to connect a Nest HeatLink to my boiler (Ideal Mexico)? A description would be useful, a link to an actual sales site even better. Nest customer service seemingly are unable to answer this question. Although they provide instructions in diagrammatic form for DIY installation, any question on installation and they can only advise to get it professionally installed. It's as if they do not understand their own product.
Question originally posted on ElectriansForums...replies advised I post here instead. Thank you.

Every system is different that’s why they just say get a pro out

Remove your existing two channel programer and there should be a wiring diagram on the back of your programer match this up with the new drawing eg nest book

0.75 flex is on mine but seen Bell wire used right or wrongly ? Ko

Attachments

• IMG_20191126_185156.jpg
    IMG_20191126_185156.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 11
Every system is different that’s why they just say get a pro out

Remove your existing two channel programer and there should be a wiring diagram on the back of your programer match this up with the new drawing eg nest book
Thank you but the question was one about cable to connect the HeatLink to the Boiler. The HeatLink will be in a different room to the old CH Controller,
[automerge]1575222273[/automerge]
Thank you but image shows the thermostat not the HeatLink.

Thank you but the question was one about cable to connect the HeatLink to the Boiler. The HeatLink will be in a different room to the old CH Controller,

What boiler do you have ?

Ok I will try harder 0.75 from the boiler open therm connections to the heat link which is in the cupboard directly behind the stat, picked a power supply up from there and connected the heat link and then the stat any clearer ?

Attachments

• 1575226405380143691496903707142.jpg
    1575226405380143691496903707142.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 7
Nest documents that the fuse is a 3 amp one - so anything using more than 3 amps will cause the fuse to blow.

0.75mm allows for 6 amps.

Reply to What cable is required for Nest Heatlink? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock