Search the forum,

Discuss What boiler do I need? (Ideal Logic boilers) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
I'm just about to buy a new build house. The building company has changed their boiler set up from having a cylinder to a combi and I'm really worried it's a ciat things and I'm going to get a system that struggles more with the house size. I've attached drawings of the house which has 4 beds, two thermostatic showers and other rooms and radiators as shown.

The company are installing ideal logic boilers which I don't have a choice on that make. However, I want to know which of the ideal logic boilers are right for this house?

I also want to extend to a 5th bedroom and extra bathroom at some point so want to know if this would make a difference to the ideal logic boiler chosen.

Thanks
Neil

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211116-094543_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-094543_OneDrive.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20211116-094529_OneDrive.jpg
    Screenshot_20211116-094529_OneDrive.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 7
Without looking at the plans, they're not doing it for your benefit but to cut costs and Ideal do not make a storage combi afaik which may be okay for multiple shower/bathrooms. Irrespective of boiler size, heating capacity should not be an issue with a new build it's the hot water delivery that should concern you especially if you have plans to add another bathroom.

Without looking at the plans, they're not doing it for your benefit but to cut costs and Ideal do not make a storage combi afaik which may be okay for multiple shower/bathrooms. Irrespective of boiler size, heating capacity should not be an issue with a new build it's the hot water delivery that should concern you especially if you have plans to add another bathroom.
Hi thanks. What do you mean by delivery system? Sorry I'm a layman at this. Thanks for your help

Hot water delivery ie. the ability of your system to provide HW and in your case potentially for 3 + outlets.

As I said being able to heat your house isn't a problem but providing enough hot water at a decent flow rate might. That said the 40kw Ideal vogue can provide HW @ 16.4 l/m (not confirmed) and it might be enough although if I were you I'd negotiate with the house builder and have an unvented cylinder installed or get legal with them about changing the agreed spec.

Last edited:
Hot water delivery ie. the ability of your system to provide HW and in your case potentially for 3 + outlets.

As I said being able to heat your house isn't a problem but providing enough hot water at a decent flow rate might. That said the 40kw Ideal vogue can provide HW @ 16.4 l/m (not confirmed) and it might be enough although if I were you I'd negotiate with the house builder and have an unvented cylinder installed or get legal with them about changing the agreed spec.
Ok. Thanks get it. So ultimately, the tank would remove any doubt because with would have the capacity to cope. I think I'll challenge them.

Reply to What boiler do I need? (Ideal Logic boilers) in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock