Search the forum,

Discuss What blow torch you using? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Mines seen better days which isn't bad for about 4 years so instead of just blindly going out and buying a super fire 2 again just seeing what else is available.

Super Fire 2 for me. Hardy wee thing, so I wouldn’t bother with anything else.
Be careful what it costs. You might find you can buy the new torch with a kit of Roth tools, hot bag or tote, gas bottle(s) pipe slice(s), grips, etc for similar price as just the torch.

I've used the turbo torch for a few years now which has lifetime warranty if I get any issues with it just send it back they service it and send it back free post in the meantime I use a spare.

Super fire = last year's model. Now it's all about the Rothy Micro fire!!
o_O

20190707_204514.jpg

Does anyone actually uses that Rothy microfire

I like gadgets and it looks cool. May be rubbish though.

No, I jest, it is a toy torch. I ran out of gas at a customers house and she suggested I use that rather than go out to the van. I thanked her, never tried it but it found its way in to my toolbox...

Wow, I never realized there was such a thing!
That does look interesting - surely for like electric/electronic

have a tx504 American brand small hard flame will solder if theres a tiny bit of water in the pipe
small flame handy for close work

Nothing will solder whilst there is water in the pipe as it only allows the joint to heat up to 100 deg C, whereas solder melts at about 230 deg C.

The solder will only run once the residual water has turned to steam and left the vacinity.

Reply to What blow torch you using? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock