From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss What blow torch you using? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net

Shower Power Booster | PlumbersForums.net Official Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Millsy 82

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Mines seen better days which isn't bad for about 4 years so instead of just blindly going out and buying a super fire 2 again just seeing what else is available.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
super 2

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Super Fire 2 for me. Hardy wee thing, so I wouldn’t bother with anything else.
Be careful what it costs. You might find you can buy the new torch with a kit of Roth tools, hot bag or tote, gas bottle(s) pipe slice(s), grips, etc for similar price as just the torch.

Steve weightman

Gas Engineer
I've used the turbo torch for a few years now which has lifetime warranty if I get any issues with it just send it back they service it and send it back free post in the meantime I use a spare.

WC1

Gas Engineer
No, I jest, it is a toy torch. I ran out of gas at a customers house and she suggested I use that rather than go out to the van. I thanked her, never tried it but it found its way in to my toolbox...

WC1

Gas Engineer
Wow, I never realized there was such a thing!
That does look interesting - surely for like electric/electronic

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Was that the Superfire mark 1 ?
Yes. If you don't pump it up enough you get the flame thrower effect.
A right long jet of under pressure petrol.

I use this for lip joints Best. Have you still got one?

billybob150811

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
have a tx504 American brand small hard flame will solder if theres a tiny bit of water in the pipe
small flame handy for close work

Ben-gee

Esteemed
Plumber
Nothing will solder whilst there is water in the pipe as it only allows the joint to heat up to 100 deg C, whereas solder melts at about 230 deg C.

The solder will only run once the residual water has turned to steam and left the vacinity.

Reply to What blow torch you using? in the Plumbing Tools area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbers Tools | Plumbing Tools and Advice

You're on PlumbersForums.net, the worlds largest plumbing community. Find Plumbing Tools and products at the best prices. Our plumbing suppliers are some of the biggest suppliers available, stocking the best brands and the best prices. Register to our community for free, and post a thread to ask a out the tool you're considering and we'll find the cheapest price with quick delivery for you. We also have the Tile community for Tiling Tools, and Engineering community for Electrical Tools.

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares