Search the forum,

Discuss What are you using to move external oil boilers in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I would like to know what you guys use to move external oil boilers into position.

Due to covid my supplier was unable to deliver a boiler recently so i collected it myself with a trailer. The boiler was loaded onto trailer with forks and when I arrived at the property I had to negotiate the driveway, 5 steps and a path.

the sack trolley i brought was not up to the job so in the end we went stone age on it and used round fence posts as rollers and levers to get it up the steps, thing weighs in at 200Kg so how do you solve this? I have more to install and rural properties are always on a bloody hill!!!

I change around 2 oil boilers a week do them on my own.
Decent running barrow for a start mine is ancient solid rubber tyres been modified with a longer base plate.
I have lot's of 2ft wide lengths of 12 & 20mm ply some full length others 2ft square. Unless going is very flat and smooth boards first! Got collection of short sections of timber 4x2 4x4 6x2 you name it to put under boards to build ramps especially crossing plastic door thresholds .
And when needed have a collection of steel rollers mostly bits of 1 1/2 bi tube
Long pinch bars very useful
Gets better with practice!
Used to move/install aga rayburn Stanley cookers was agent for bosky cookers oil boilers not that difficult.

I change around 2 oil boilers a week do them on my own.
Decent running barrow for a start mine is ancient solid rubber tyres been modified with a longer base plate.
I have lot's of 2ft wide lengths of 12 & 20mm ply some full length others 2ft square. Unless going is very flat and smooth boards first! Got collection of short sections of timber 4x2 4x4 6x2 you name it to put under boards to build ramps especially crossing plastic door thresholds .
And when needed have a collection of steel rollers mostly bits of 1 1/2 bi tube
Long pinch bars very useful
Gets better with practice!
Used to move/install aga rayburn Stanley cookers was agent for bosky cookers oil boilers not that difficult.
hi mate, thanks for info, last boiler we did use bits of timber and round fence post sections as rollers, looked like we were re doing pyramids or stonehenge with the stone age tech but it got the job done.

I like the comment about ramps for plastic door frames, so far all my boilers are external or garage areas so not had to negotiate internal doors yet.

Looks like ill be stealing, i mean permanently borrowing some scaff pipe though i would think LCS or electrical conduit would do too.

Anyway thanks again for info

Reply to What are you using to move external oil boilers in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock