Search the forum,

Discuss What are you using to cut stainless 88.9mm pipe. in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We are using a the rigid 65s pipe cutter for the smaller stuff but we have a load of 88.9mm x 2mm stainless coming up and was looking for a decent pipe cutter. Any suggestions?

Rems cento

Bandsaw that’s only the other option other than like you have rotation cutters

1658426867376.png
We use these for most large pipe work (2 1/2" - 5") or a hand held 9" grinder if larger pipe

Flapper disc to clean burrs.

View attachment 76753We use these for most large pipe work (2 1/2" - 5") or a hand held 9" grinder if larger pipe

Flapper disc to clean burrs.
I wouldn't trust my guys to deburr properly and safely. It also leaves me a big problem with hot work permits. The cento looks like the way forward, its a bit more than I wanted to spend as we will be back to 54mm after this job but if it makes the job easier it will be worth it.

You can hire them by the day/week.
I have 100m of pipework to replace with the onsite engineers and it has to be done in production time so it will probably take a couple of months on and off. We are probably saving £40k doing it ourselves so in the grand scheme of things £1200 for a decent cutter isn't going to break the bank and at least it should avoid the badly deburred pipe damaging the orings. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Reply to What are you using to cut stainless 88.9mm pipe. in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

hi all, is there any alternatives to cutting a HEP 2.0 pipe without using their own recommended cutters? i only have 2 cuts to do thanks
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes behind the electrical CU which I'm due to have replaced soon. We are looking to cut the old pipe out, but trying to working out what material it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone. New to the forum and looking for assistance / advice. I live in a rented house with a not very co-operative landlord. I have just discovered that my bath overflow drain pipe is not connected as the flexible drain tube looks like it has been cut off at some point. After studying...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock