Search the forum,

Discuss What are you using to cut stainless 88.9mm pipe. in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

We are using a the rigid 65s pipe cutter for the smaller stuff but we have a load of 88.9mm x 2mm stainless coming up and was looking for a decent pipe cutter. Any suggestions?

Rems cento

Bandsaw that’s only the other option other than like you have rotation cutters

1658426867376.png
We use these for most large pipe work (2 1/2" - 5") or a hand held 9" grinder if larger pipe

Flapper disc to clean burrs.

View attachment 76753We use these for most large pipe work (2 1/2" - 5") or a hand held 9" grinder if larger pipe

Flapper disc to clean burrs.
I wouldn't trust my guys to deburr properly and safely. It also leaves me a big problem with hot work permits. The cento looks like the way forward, its a bit more than I wanted to spend as we will be back to 54mm after this job but if it makes the job easier it will be worth it.

You can hire them by the day/week.
I have 100m of pipework to replace with the onsite engineers and it has to be done in production time so it will probably take a couple of months on and off. We are probably saving £40k doing it ourselves so in the grand scheme of things £1200 for a decent cutter isn't going to break the bank and at least it should avoid the badly deburred pipe damaging the orings. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Reply to What are you using to cut stainless 88.9mm pipe. in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock