• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss What are you using to cut stainless 88.9mm pipe. in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Russ333

We are using a the rigid 65s pipe cutter for the smaller stuff but we have a load of 88.9mm x 2mm stainless coming up and was looking for a decent pipe cutter. Any suggestions?

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Solutions
Bandsaw that’s only the other option other than like you have rotation cutters

Last Plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
You don't have permission to view attachments. Attachments are hidden.
We use these for most large pipe work (2 1/2" - 5") or a hand held 9" grinder if larger pipe

Flapper disc to clean burrs.

Attachments

Russ333

We use these for most large pipe work (2 1/2" - 5") or a hand held 9" grinder if larger pipe

Flapper disc to clean burrs.
I wouldn't trust my guys to deburr properly and safely. It also leaves me a big problem with hot work permits. The cento looks like the way forward, its a bit more than I wanted to spend as we will be back to 54mm after this job but if it makes the job easier it will be worth it.

Chuck

Esteemed
The cento looks like the way forward, its a bit more than I wanted to spend as we will be back to 54mm after this job but if it makes the job easier it will be worth it.
You can hire them by the day/week.

Russ333

You can hire them by the day/week.
I have 100m of pipework to replace with the onsite engineers and it has to be done in production time so it will probably take a couple of months on and off. We are probably saving £40k doing it ourselves so in the grand scheme of things £1200 for a decent cutter isn't going to break the bank and at least it should avoid the badly deburred pipe damaging the orings. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Reply to What are you using to cut stainless 88.9mm pipe. in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net