Search the forum,

Discuss Wetroom shower glass installed on tray help!! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, just replacing the bath with a walk-in shower and so far so good, well almost!.

I've installed the glass and as per instructions and only siliconed the bottom outside edge. However, I now appear to have a problem in that the glass has been knocked and the silicone has become unstuck from the tray so now I am getting a bit of water seepage under the bottom edge. My question is, should I seat the glass on a bead of silicone (almost gluing it down to the tray) but this would then mean I would be breaking the outside edge only advice! Its as if it needs a little bracket of sorts at the bottom corner to stop it moving but as there wasn't one supplied, I presume they're not normally used.

I can see that the glass can be easily knocked so if I redo it, the same thing might happen again and again.

Anybody got any words of wisdom as to what to do?

You need to clean glass and tray with something like meths or isopropanol then use a good quality silicone like Dow Corning - not some cheap rubbish.

It is also useful to install a bracing arm from the top of the glass across to the wall - even if it says you don’t need to, trust me it is better.

Worse case you could try and find a chrome channel that’s the same internal width as your glass od and then you could stick the channel down with something like sticks like **** and mastic the glass into the channel

Just completed this one and as Shaun states better to fit the glass into a aluminium u channel and silicone it down I used clear Dow Corning 785. Kop

Attachments

• 20211026_131356.jpg
    20211026_131356.jpg
    247.1 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Wetroom shower glass installed on tray help!! in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock