Search the forum,

Discuss wetroom shower drain in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi im installing a wetroom shower tray the trap that comes with it is 50 mm diameter I was going to run in 50 mm waste pipe / Elbows and Tees the under floor in solvent weld , and as it goes outside into the stack in push fit ( for ease of getting into if there is ever a blockage ) trouble is the not much of a selection in 50 mm as there is in 40mm ( i want it in black outside and pushfit ) so if i go down to 40 mm will that massively reduce the flow I know you can get a reducer straight after the trap outlet ? cheers

can you get 1 pint of water into 3/4 pint jug? look at what your shower puts out, see what the tray takes , is it a fast flow waste ,look at the inst.

can you get 1 pint of water into 3/4 pint jug? look at what your shower puts out, see what the tray takes , is it a fast flow waste ,look at the inst.
oh ok so reading between the lines of what you are saying its a " No " to reducing it

Try BES mail order based in Birmingham. Terrible website but good catalogue and comprehensive range of black solvent waste fittings. Should be able to use 50mm black solvent into universal push in strap-on boss externally. They even have 50mm black push-fit fi you prefer that!

no i"m not saying " No " to reducing it but look at what each unit will take. the point is if you have low level tray , shower gives 11ltrs waste say 9L you have a flood!!! now said all that , most times you can get away with just banging the thing in, 40mm is normal ok, but i try to check every thing.
hope that helps.

Try BES mail order based in Birmingham. Terrible website but good catalogue and comprehensive range of black solvent waste fittings. Should be able to use 50mm black solvent into universal push in strap-on boss externally. They even have 50mm black push-fit fi you prefer that!
Yeah funny you should say that I've just found " Bes " and another site called " Plastic Supplies direct " both do what I need cheers for your help

no i"m not saying " No " to reducing it but look at what each unit will take. the point is if you have low level tray , shower gives 11ltrs waste say 9L you have a flood!!! now said all that , most times you can get away with just banging the thing in, 40mm is normal ok, but i try to check every thing.
hope that helps.
ah ok I see what your saying . been having a browse and ive found two sites that do what I wanted I was trying to get Osma products initially but they dont do all what I need but Polypipe do cheers for your help much appreciated

Just install a rodding eye externally into the tee

you can get them in black aswell just not from screwfix

you can get them in black aswell just not from screwfix
Ah ok I see so you use a Tee instead of an elbow and put the fitting whichever way you want to Rod / Inspect either horizontal or vertical ? is that correct

Correct

but as it’s 2” the hole is big enough to flexi rod either way

Correct

but as it’s 2” the hole is big enough to flexi rod either way
Ah I see ill go vertical then as on the other end of the horizontal run ( where it goes into the stack ) I've put an access boss in so should be covered all ways . Cheers

1620577881847.png

Reply to wetroom shower drain in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock