• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss Wet vacuum advice? Mid budget up to £100 in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at PlumbersForums.net

valentin belchev

Reaction score
Hi everyone! New to the site and the forum. I have a question, can you recommend a decent wet vac? Is wickes one the best option out here?

OP
V

valentin belchev

Reaction score
Thank you. I was looking at Titan at screwfix but wasn’t sure, it has good reviews, will definitely consider it, thanks again!

Riley

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Get the big Henry wet vac never let me down

Reaction score
Never used it dry there brilliant getting water out of pipes to solder and dirty sludge out carpets with plenty of water and fairy liquid

gmartine

GSR
Reaction score
I have the Wickes and it's the most basic machine but I just use it for wet with just the hose end for spills etc. If you intend to use it for both wet and dry and want or need better quality tools with a larger capacity I'd consider the other recommendations.

Riley

S. Mod
Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I bought the Henry version but I use it just for heating and water if I ever have to work on anything nasty like a Saniflo I factor a cheap wet vac back into the quote

Jerry

GSR
Reaction score
Big chrome titan from Screwfix. Wheels broke almost immediately. Love the thing. His name is R2D2

Funny story - I watched a young labourer sweep up a load of ground concrete. He then went to hoover it up. He put the hose into the wrong hole on the hoover. The other hole does not suck. You know what it does.

POOF!

The room disappears in a grey coloured whiteout.

Allgoode

GSR
Reaction score
If you are going to get the titan from Screwfix be aware the lid/motor unit is not held on tightly so when carrying it with a ltr or two of fluid if you bump it the motor unit & can will seperate & the fluid will spill out.

When it has more fluid in it than that the weight holds it locked.

As mentioned above it sucks like a pro... and can usually recover the fluids spilled when carry it partially loaded apart from when the customer has white/light carpets.. apparently...

I still have mine despite a couple of spills in houses when carrying it & a few times when it tipped over in the van after a long day when i forgot to fully empty it out prior.

Also have a older Einhell wet vac which has none of the above issues of detachment of top motor unit from bottom can.

Hope this helps,

Andy

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers

Top Bottom