Search the forum,

Discuss Wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So after having 4 wickes wet vacs and got fed up of them spraying water out all the time and having to open the filter to remove water each time. I am looking for a new one. Does anyone have a charles wet vac?
or any other type? What recommendations do people have? I know this has been posted many times but there seems to be a lot more available now then the last time I looked.

VacKing from machine mart, not the cheapest, just throw the foam water filter away, only time mine leaks is when customer has used bleach and doesn`t tell me.

I've had my wickes on for about 3-4 years now and never sprayed water anywhere. Maybe they have changed.

What I didnt like about the Charles was the lead doesnt roll up like my Henry but when one of my hoovers dies I will buy a charles as I'm carrying 2 hoovers at the moment.

A mate who I work with has the Screwfix Titan one and his seems ok. Haven't tried these myself but Lidl do one and Karcher, or even Vax?

Draper wet vac for me

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190901-165617.png
    Screenshot_20190901-165617.png
    715.7 KB · Views: 6
Not sure if it has been mentioned as I haven’t read all the posts but, have a look at nilfisk multi 30 wet vac, I spent 2 years emptying /servicing/ installing commercial grease traps and only went through 2 of them, their brilliant bits of kit for the money pretty bullet proof
[automerge]1567354132[/automerge]
Nilfisk Aero 26-21 PC 1250W 25Ltr Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner 240V
[automerge]1567354203[/automerge]
Their a couple quid dearer but honestly if you saw the £&@* we put them through, no filters to have to clean and they just kept going

Not sure if it has been mentioned as I haven’t read all the posts but, have a look at nilfisk multi 30 wet vac, I spent 2 years emptying /servicing/ installing commercial grease traps and only went through 2 of them, their brilliant bits of kit for the money pretty bullet proof
[automerge]1567354132[/automerge]
Nilfisk Aero 26-21 PC 1250W 25Ltr Wet & Dry Vacuum Cleaner 240V
[automerge]1567354203[/automerge]
Their a couple quid dearer but honestly if you saw the £&@* we put them through, no filters to have to clean and they just kept going
They have some good reviews, do you not need to change the filter for wet and dry then?

Yes sorry for dry you need a filter and u just take the filter out to use it wet but it’s a plastic corrugated filter so quick hose blast and it’s brand new again. I never used it dry as theres not many dry grease traps out there............ honestly can’t recommend them enough. Felt bad putting “old Sheila 1+2” through the horrors of grease traps

Yes sorry for dry you need a filter and u just take the filter out to use it wet but it’s a plastic corrugated filter so quick hose blast and it’s brand new again. I never used it dry as theres not many dry grease traps out there... honestly can’t recommend them enough. Felt bad putting “old Sheila 1+2” through the horrors of grease traps
Only just issue is the reliability, £150 for 1 years use does not sound great! Other reviews say they have had issues after 18 months just using dust and warranty is only 1 year!

Had a Charles for about 10 years, brilliant - only thing tank is a bit on the small side.

My advice is only use your wet vac for wet then they are no trouble.

I take a Henry with no bag for dry - that one is 26 years old.

Had a Charles for about 10 years, brilliant - only thing tank is a bit on the small side.

My advice is only use your wet vac for wet then they are no trouble.

I take a Henry with no bag for dry - that one is 26 years old.
Brill, thanks. I already have a henry and that's why I am edging towards charles but a lot of reviews say charles is heavy, which may be a pain in lofts. Also can you always get in loft? My wickes vac fitted in every loft, even the smaller hatches

Yeah I get what your saying but to be honest I emptied/serviced 5-10 units between 50-600 litres of waste each, 5-7 days/nights a week a for a year, in that time and if you’ve never seen one then its like half solid half slime water mix and it never missed a beat once, I only replaced it coz it got so compacted with $£*% that I didn't want try and clean the nasty gipping stuff off it for that money bought a new one. I have the bigger two motor version that I'm using I'm my house reno right now and that's 2+ yrs old and like brand new and its hovered everything from garden bonfire to blocked manhole at mine so far but obviously up to you bert. just sharing my experience, I tried plenty of different vacs over the time and they were by far the best in my opinion :)

Wickes vac with the wet/dry filter is just about unbeatable, chuck the filter is comes with it .

Wickes vac with the wet/dry filter is just about unbeatable, chuck the filter is comes with it .
They are pants! I had filter and kept old filter and still the water gets in motor and then spits it out! It's ok for first 8 months and then starts spitting out every time it gets full and have to empty filter and leave outside for 10 minutes to remove water.

Sponge to soak up the last bit in bottom and wring out in pan. Tanks in loft, just disconnect them and tip them into a bucket, might take one or two depending on tank. Not had any issues so far...

Same :eek: don’t own one either

Sponge to soak up the last bit in bottom and wring out in pan. Tanks in loft, just disconnect them and tip them into a bucket, might take one or two depending on tank. Not had any issues so far...
Air locks on gravity system?
[automerge]1567362746[/automerge]
I mean gravity cold systems?
[automerge]1567362859[/automerge]
Water meters filled with water? Blocked cold feed from f and e tank?

Air locks on gravity system?
[automerge]1567362746[/automerge]
I mean gravity cold systems?
[automerge]1567362859[/automerge]
Water meters filled with water? Blocked cold feed from f and e tank?

Back feed or create a vacuum

Yeah as Shaun says Backfeed, have a piece made up if no mixer to do it on. Blocked F&E in my experience usually needs repiping anyway, so just do that if its blocked bad enough. Meters with water in street just bail them out or get your hand in.

Yeah as Shaun says Backfeed, have a piece made up if no mixer to do it on. Blocked F&E in my experience usually needs repiping anyway, so just do that if its blocked bad enough. Meters with water in street just bail them out or get your hand in.

Or play pin the tail on the donkey

Blocked f and e is usually just at bottom! Just before it tee's into system. I usually replace but if its friday evening and customer has no heating, I will just cut and suck. The water in meter is always soooooo cold. Back feed works on hot as have mains pressure but rarely works on cold as no pressure from hot to push cold. Plus if it's a limescale blockage at least you are sucking it out rather then pushing it back in.

Best wetvac I've had by far, and I've been round a few brands over the years is Aldi's own brand WORKZONE. So good that the missus uses one to do her woman's work in the house.

Waiting on all the sexist pig comments coming in.........

They are pants! I had filter and kept old filter and still the water gets in motor and then spits it out! It's ok for first 8 months and then starts spitting out every time it gets full and have to empty filter and leave outside for 10 minutes to remove water.

I have had mine over 4 years and believe me its had some abuse, the only time its spat anything out is when I accidentally sucked up one of those cistern blu things .
I always empty it before its full , perhaps thats the secret ?

Best wetvac I've had by far, and I've been round a few brands over the years is Aldi's own brand WORKZONE. So good that the missus uses one to do her woman's work in the house.

Waiting on all the sexist pig comments coming in..
So the 3 year warranty- how do you get a replacement if it breaks? Just pop in to customer services? or call the customer services in Germany?
Also they never seem to have anything in stock when I need it!
Finally do people have Aldi goggles on when going to aldi? It's cheap so standard can be a little worse then you would expect? Or is it genuinely the same quality? I avoid Aldi due to the lack of staff and the price! Rather pay more for local jobs to local people.
[automerge]1567365942[/automerge]
I have had mine over 4 years and believe me its had some abuse, the only time its spat anything out is when I accidentally sucked up one of those cistern blu things .
I always empty it before its full , perhaps thats the secret ?
Yeah the cistern things are a right pain, causes bubbles and all sorts. That is kinda my point, I am looking for one that will tell me when it's full, not have to keep checking, one that takes a lot of bashing and bubbles and one that will last a few years. The wickes one needs new filters every year and doesn't tell you when it's full until it's too late.

Last edited:

Reply to Wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock