Search the forum,

Discuss Wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

So the 3 year warranty- how do you get a replacement if it breaks? Just pop in to customer services? or call the customer services in Germany?
Also they never seem to have anything in stock when I need it!
Finally do people have Aldi goggles on when going to aldi? It's cheap so standard can be a little worse then you would expect? Or is it genuinely the same quality? I avoid Aldi due to the lack of staff and the price! Rather pay more for local jobs to local people.

I use Aldi, but prefer Lidl for most stuff and it’s nearer to me. They employ local people, so not sure how that fits in, maybe they’re foreign in your Aldi? Think I’ve seen more foreign workers in my local Tesco.

I use Aldi, but prefer Lidl for most stuff and it’s nearer to me. They employ local people, so not sure how that fits in, maybe they’re foreign in your Aldi? Think I’ve seen more foreign workers in my local Tesco.
I mean they only employ 2/3 local people per shift, vs tesco/Asda's that employ 40-50 per shift.

Regardless of what you think of the store, the Aldi wetvac is very good and at £45 when I bought it two years ago has paid for itself many times. It has a stainless steel tank and can suck up better than Michael Gove does with Boris Johnson. Not had a single issue with it. Only downside is that it's only on sale when Aldi does their special buys.
[automerge]1567367117[/automerge]
With any wet vac, you can fit a tank connector to its base and connect a drain hose to it. That way it will never fill up and switch itself off at its float switch. Saves having to constantly empty the damn thing on big jobs. Mind only do this if you have no intention of claiming any warranty.

Regardless of what you think of the store, the Aldi wetvac is very good and at £45 when I bought it two years ago has paid for itself many times. It has a stainless steel tank and can suck up better than Michael Gove does with Boris Johnson. Not had a single issue with it. Only downside is that it's only on sale when Aldi does their special buys.
With any wet vac, you can fit a tank connector to its base and connect a drain hose to it. That way it will never fill up and switch itself off at its float switch. Saves having to constantly empty the damn thing on big jobs. Mind only do this if you have no intention of claiming any warranty.
My point is- is it really good or do you just believe it's good because you have aldi googles on? Everything is good when it's cheap!
[automerge]1567368395[/automerge]
I did have a stainless tank one a few years ago, problem I had was they dent really easily and look rubbish when going to customers houses.

Last edited:
The Aldi wet vac is really good and has excellent suction and an auto function for connecting tools to it. I've had a few brands and this trumps them all. The worst in my opinion was the Karcher one I bought. It blew out more dust and water than it sucked in. The Nilfisk was good too, but didn't take much abuse and my kit does get a fair bit of being battered around. At 45 quid for the WORKZONE, should it break down, I'd just buy another one.

Cailean that is a superb idea to fits drain off!!!!

I will do this as it is such a good idea when in a loft, saves carrying a full one down a rickety ladder which always concentrates the mind.

What have you done, tank connector then full bore valve? I’d be worried about it breaking off in van...

Let me know, cheers

Cailean that is a superb idea to fits drain off!!!!

I will do this as it is such a good idea when in a loft, saves carrying a full one down a rickety ladder which always concentrates the mind.

What have you done, tank connector then full bore valve? I’d be worried about it breaking off in van...

Let me know, cheers
I've done mine in Speedfit as it's easy to take apart for storage.
So connect a 22mm Speedfit tank connector, then a 22mm stem elbow, a cutting of copper to take you to the edge of the vac, then a 22x15mm reducing straight, with a 50mm cutting of 15mm copper and a chrome iso valve with a wee plastic handle, then your drain down hose goes into this with a cutting of copper.
If your wet vac fills up quicker than it can empty, it still doesn't matter as it will still drain through the hose and save carrying your wetvac downstairs several times to empty it.
When finished, disconnect the 22x15mm reducer from the copper tail, tilt the vac slightly backwards to catch any drips and put a 22mm Speedfit blank cap over the pipe.

Best wetvac I've had by far, and I've been round a few brands over the years is Aldi's own brand WORKZONE. So good that the missus uses one to do her woman's work in the house.

Waiting on all the sexist pig comments coming in..

Come on mate we dont live in the 60's and 70's now you have to let them do things in the garden as well now :D

I have had good service from the Einhel wet vacs with stainless steel bucket. I'm on only my 3rd one in nearly 15 years and as they can be had for around £50 I consider that good value for money. I've given them heavy use too. They can also blow which I have found useful in clearing blockages in waste pipes sometimes.

One thing to remember whichever wet vac you buy don't do like I did once and use it to empty a toilet cistern containing one of the devil's own Blu disinfectant blocks. They froth up the water in the vac and will blow it out the exhaust. I wish someone had been there to see my face when I turned around oblivious to what had just occurred to see blue dyed water all up the walls, units and carpet :eek:.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and help, I went for the charles in the end. Looks really proffesional and works brilliantly, also has filter for wet so can use it to hoover dirt as long as you dont mind cleaning it out every day. Also as others have said before it is very heavy when full. Bizarre as holds less then wickes hoover but weighs the same when empty.
I wont be putting a drain on it as I usually crack plastic when trying to drill it! (Except soil stacks)
The size is very similar to wickes hoover so should fit in lofts easily, just will be very heavy to take down.

I've got an 18V Bosch GAS wet vac thats handy but depends how much volume you need.
[automerge]1568971323[/automerge]
I have had good service from the Einhel wet vacs with stainless steel bucket. I'm on only my 3rd one in nearly 15 years and as they can be had for around £50 I consider that good value for money. I've given them heavy use too. They can also blow which I have found useful in clearing blockages in waste pipes sometimes.

One thing to remember whichever wet vac you buy don't do like I did once and use it to empty a toilet cistern containing one of the devil's own Blu disinfectant blocks. They froth up the water in the vac and will blow it out the exhaust. I wish someone had been there to see my face when I turned around oblivious to what had just occurred to see blue dyed water all up the walls, units and carpet :eek:.

I think we've all experienced that sinking feeling in the pit of your stomach.

Last edited:

Reply to Wet vac in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock