Search the forum,

Discuss Wet system underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stocksie

Hello lads,

Scenario - Very large house extension (bungalow) ready to be piped, existing house repiped,complete and bathroom/wetroom completed.

Question 1, The slate tiles in the wetroom floor (suspended timber,85 mm kingspan wedged between,300mm loft insulation above and 3 stud walls with heavy slab insulation in them) is very cold. The towel radiator is a bit bigger than the Btu requirements for the room.

There is a void beneath the floor and I could theoreticaly pipeit for UFH with spreader plates etc and feed from Unvented system which will be going in soon ( at present its a poor combi doing the work)

If i'm to go this far I would also do the ensuite and kitchen floors which are to be tiled also which will be the same method as the extension is just water tight now with suspended timber floor not in yet.

I would use floor sensors on the stats the 3 zones as it's the cold tiles that are the problem and still put a towel rad in the ensuite.

Question 2, I could get under the floor in the bathroom and double the kingspan up to 150mm + and do the same for the other tiled floor areas since I've learned a lesson, would you think this would help any ?

Question 3, I could also add another matching towel rad in existing wetroom opposite (3m x 3m wetroom size) which would look fine as it would be used for hand towels. Would this take the EDGE of the cold floor any or is the heat always going to rise.

Question 4, I've used the JG site to get advise on what I need and it's coming in at £3400 +VAt and can get the same materials (not JG branded) for £1500. Alu pipe,heatmiser controls, spreader plates etc. Is there alot of difference between quality etc ?

Question 5,Wiring is no prob as I'm a sparks so I thought I could put the 2 towel radiators and maybe a plinth heater for the kitchen on ther own zone and have them coming on a bit sooner that the rest of the heating. Good or bad idea ?

Thanks for reading

P.S. I've realised now an elec matter would have been better and cheaper!

Welcome!

Get a plumber in ;) - not sure what an unvented cylinder has got to do with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Wet system underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional actuators. Problem is , one loop (far right in photo) isn't heating the floor (timber suspended) . I've bled the loop via a hosepipe, shut off all the other...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an 1904 redbrick 2,500 square feet house. We have UFH on every floor. 3 Floors House is reasonably well insulated but far from perfect. Would there be any point in installing a "air to water" heating system that could link into my existing UFH??
Replies
Views
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient to heat the rooms. We have only a woodburning stove (15kW nominal output) that heats our open plan lounge/kitchen/diner directly (6.5kW from the...
Replies
Views
N
We have a weird 'dual' system in our 2 floor house we just rented out - meaning that the ground floor has an underfloor system and the top floor has a classic radiator system. Both are hooked up to the gas boiler (as well as the hot water tank/cylinder). I've never had underfloor heating before...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock