Search the forum,

Discuss (Well known?) Issue with Remeha Avanta boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Remeha Avanta boiler, which works fine, but two different gas engineers, one from Baxi and one from British Gas Services have identified that there is known problem with these boilers, in that the downpipe at the rear of the boiler (a condensate trap?) is known to become rusty, and can lead to boiler failure. I was told that a repair kit ( a rubber elbow joint?) is available from Baxi, who now own Remeha. I contacted Baxi's technical helpdesk, who said
"We aren't aware of a 'repair kit' for this model. If this is something the British gas engineer has mentioned you'd need to follow it up with them as it may be something that only British gas can supply."
Can anyone assist, and/or point me towards a more technical description of the problem, or the repair kit, so that I can get a useful response from Baxi?
Just to be clear, I do not intend to attempt any repair, I will use a registered gas engineer, but what spare part do I need?

Why not let your engineer or bg get it?

Fair point, but if the Baxi Technical Help Desk are (in their words) 'not aware of a repair kit', then I don't want to pay someone to look for something that might not exist. As such, I'd like to be sure that this 'repair kit' is a real thing, and available somewhere, before trying to get hold of it, so that it can be fitted.

It's not a repair kit, it's just a rubber connection that fits onto the bottom of the condensate trap and connects to the condensate waste pipe. Most installers just connected the trap to the waste pipe and over time that rusted the case around the connection which meant the boiler was a write off. Maybe baxi help didn't recognise what you meant because you referred to it as a repair kit?

It's not a repair kit, it's just a rubber connection that fits onto the bottom of the condensate trap and connects to the condensate waste pipe. Most installers just connected the trap to the waste pipe and over time that rusted the case around the connection which meant the boiler was a write off. Maybe baxi help didn't recognise what you meant because you referred to it as a repair kit?

Thanks, pip. Much appreciated.

Reply to (Well known?) Issue with Remeha Avanta boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock