Search the forum,

Discuss Weird wiring/pump over run in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Bibbs118

Gas Engineer
Hi,

I've got a rewire job next week.

The current setup, old cast iron boiler with pump over run, (currently wired so pump over run isn't working).

There is a (new) 2port and pump to the cyl with cyl stat with bypass.

There is a bronze pump for DHW

There is a (big) pump for the CH. (And what I think is a commercial zone valve currently not wired in/which bypass.

At the moment it's wired that CH only works when there is a demand for HW.

I don't think the pump over run is mega important but is there a way to wire it so CH and HW can work independently, using the CH at a valve?

I'm not sure if the CH (big) zone valve is working and can't afford to replace it(currently in situ but not wired in).

To recap, what plan is a 2 pump system with a 2 port for HW called?

I'm not sure if that design would even have a plan name. I thought and I hope someone can correct me if wrong but if theres two or more pumps as in this case a relay would be required to prevent one pump coming on when not required? The other option is to completely redo and convert to S or Y plan, obviously pipework will need to be altered etc.

There is a (new) 2port and pump to the cyl with cyl stat with bypass.

There is a bronze pump for DHW
Is the cylinder unvented?

Is the pump to the cylinder the Bronze pump or are there 3 pumps in total?

Bronze in DHW are normally secondary circulation pumps, either running permanently or timed separate from the Primary DHW and Heating controls.

I think he said bronze Snowhead, so like you I'm assuming that's for secondary return. With what he said I'm picturing programmer set to gravity and HW brings on HW pump and boiler and CH at programmer just runs to room stat and pump

3 pumps in total,

I think I'll have to have both the pumps running with the DHW zone valve holding the heat from the cyl. (There is a bypass)

Or one pump on the pump over run and the other one stopping when the demand ends.

Reply to Weird wiring/pump over run in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock