Search the forum,

Discuss Weird looking shower wastes in all 3 showers.water not running away quickly in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

not sure if anyone seen these wastes before?
We have them in all 3 showers in our house we just moved into and they water seems to drain slowly from them.
Just never seen these shower traps before.

Any ideas of how I can unblock or should I put some liquid drain unblocker down.

Attachments

• 95557AC1-04B0-41A2-A2F5-42C702069ED7.jpeg
    95557AC1-04B0-41A2-A2F5-42C702069ED7.jpeg
    210 KB · Views: 30
seen these before, try drain cleaner, would guess pipe partly blocked with hair and soap scum,
do NOT use caustic soda as that can set in the pipe and make thing worst ,
go to plumbers merchants and ask for advice, there are some things you can use,
but i am unwiiling to state as if you hurt your self i do not wish to be blamed, sorry,

seen these before, try drain cleaner, would guess pipe partly blocked with hair and soap scum,
do NOT use caustic soda as that can set in the pipe and make thing worst ,
go to plumbers merchants and ask for advice, there are some things you can use,
but i am unwiiling to state as if you hurt your self i do not wish to be blamed, sorry,
Thanks for coming back to me.
I will give that a try and see how it goes.

Usually advise my customers to remove the shower head from the shower hose and direct the water from it on fully cold into the waste, this in most cases will flush through any debris trapped in there if it's hair then it may require a chemical to dissolve this and aid flushing process. Kop

They look like wirquin traps, I had one on a recent job. They have to be installed in a certain way for the water to drain away properly, if unblocking them doesnt work then they may all be installed incorrectly. I know it doesn't help you, but I thought they were terrible quality and badly designed.

Usually advise my customers to remove the shower head from the shower hose and direct the water from it on fully cold into the waste, this in most cases will flush through any debris trapped in there if it's hair then it may require a chemical to dissolve this and aid flushing process. Kop
Hi Guys,

many thanks for the suggestions.
I put some chemical down to dissolve and then flushed it through.
Seems to be going well currently but will keep an eye on it.thanks for the replies.
Much appreciated

rob

Reply to Weird looking shower wastes in all 3 showers.water not running away quickly in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock