Search the forum,

Discuss Weird HW problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys.

-Small flat with a kitchen and one bathroom.
-Vokera Unica 32 BHE boiler.
Problem: Kitchen tap has low HW pressure and sporadic hot temp
  • It's sporadic so sometimes water comes out piping hot, other times the boiler won't fire
  • Diverter motor and valve checked and ok
  • Bathroom sink tea and bath has HW whenever tap opens.
  • Kitchen tap is one metre from boiler, bathroom is three metres from the boiler.
  • Doesn't seem to matter if CH is firing or not. CH works absolutely fine.
  • adding: Changed kitchen tap, worked fine for 15mins then back to sporadic running cold

I am thinking about changing the Plate Heat Exchanger.
But when it does fire the temp is excellent. Bathroom HW flow and temp are good though.
The bathroom HW does not point to the Plate HE.

So pretty confused here, any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited:
Change the kitchen tap but have a look at the flexis if it has them kinked ?

If you open the bathroom hot sink tap while kitchen hot tap has low flow/temp is the bathroom tap flow/temp ok and does the kitchen tap still have low flow but hot water?.

As suggested, maybe flexi kinked/damaged so swap hot/cold if cold flow was ok.
I'd be unlucky to have had a kink on old tap and new one but it is possible... Will check that...

So maybe not the plate HE? Shower is running hot so if it was the plate HE, I'd have consistently low flow, low temps... Is this right?

If so, then pipework as you guys say... Maybe the ballofix under the kitchen tap? Do they ever go wrong? I've never had one go wrong, anyone else?

I'm wondering about debris ? Like just before the ballofix. Suppose I could whip it off and check.. But the boiler has several filters for the HW...

Last edited:
ok good and makes sense ShaunCorbs ..

Trying to pinpoint and understand the connection between low flow and low temp:

one thing I noticed today after the new tap went on - I was checking HW on, off, swing the mixer H to C and back and it was behaving well for about 15 mins as mentioned above.
Then I as I was watching it the flow rate dropped noticeably. Then it started running cold.

Would low flow rate be low enough not to fire the boiler?
This would explain lack of HW. It runs cold. not warm.

Yes low flow = boiler not making hot water as it’s not sensing demand

Reply to Weird HW problem in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This is about 3 metres away, so quite a short pipe run. It supplies hot water fine to the kitchen taps, which are about 1 metre away. It also supplies very...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just tried to turn on my CH for the first time this year as I have a number of guests coming for xmas dinner but even after an hour all the rads are stone...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for heat, the boiler fires up, modulates, but jumps very quickly (about 30 seconds or so from 40'ish all the way to 70, burner disengages putting it the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock