Search the forum,

Discuss Weather cutting out Biassi and power flushing question in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, would appreciate any thoughts/best suggestions with this.
I have an 8 year old Biassi Riva Plus HE 28 Combi in the garage. Its had a few issues this past year but generally works well .
Thinking of either fixing its existing 2 issues or replacing it with a new one. Prefer the former .
The 2 issues with the boiler at the moment :
When the central heating is on we cant take showers/baths as it cuts out the hot water.
Secondly the flame in the boiler goes out every time there is significant rain or wind or both , meaning we have to go outside and into garage and press reset which re-ignites it until it happens again 30 mins later.
So, If I want to just fix it, should I get a power flush on the 11 rads and then get a Biassi flue extension kit (screwfix )installed, which I think vents higher up, which will hopefully solve the wind/rain issue. Would it solve it ?
Or if I decide to install a new boiler would I have to have a flush anyway as part of installation warranty ? So if I had decided on the fix route and it didn’t work and had to have a new boiler anyway I would have wasted the cost of a power flush as I would in effect be paying twice over. So would just a flush as part of an installation suffice?
Would there not also be an issue of putting a new boiler ( over ) in the location of the old one, still run the risk of the wind/rain affecting the new boiler again. There is no other realistic place to put the boiler.
Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks

Reply to Weather cutting out Biassi and power flushing question in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock