Search the forum,

Discuss weak toilet flush in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok remove the siphon from the carrier eg undo the red clip and lift the right half off and pour a bucket down the tube

Ok remove the siphon from the carrier eg undo the red clip and lift the right half off and pour a bucket down the tube
OK did that. Not sure what I'm looking for tbh.
The water comes into the bowl in a fairly weak stream, but that could be because I'm just pouring a bucket

Attachments

• VID_20211102_123743.mp4
    19.6 MB
This is turning into quite a saga.

Have you tried taking the cistern outside and testing the siphon's operation with a bucket under it instead of the pan? This would at least tell you whether the issue was with the cistern, which I think is less likely after you've tried three siphons, or blocked channel(s) in the pan, which is where my money is.

This is turning into quite a saga.

Have you tried taking the cistern outside and testing the siphon's operation with a bucket under it instead of the pan? This would at least tell you whether the issue was with the cistern, which I think is less likely after you've tried three siphons, or blocked channel(s) in the pan, which is where my money is.
I'm so sick of this toilet by now!

So I haven't tried that exact thing, I'll give that a shot soon & report back.
I'm starting to think it could be blocked channels too, but also have been poking at them a lot & not noticed any major blockage.

1/4" from the bottom of the cistern sounds a tad tight, but not excessive. Just to make sure though... wedge a pencil between the cistern and the underside of the siphon and try flushing again. I'd just want to be sure the vacuum of the siphon isn't pulling the siphon up against the cistern floor.

Reply to weak toilet flush in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock