Search the forum,

Discuss WD 40 Price Gone Through the Roof and Beyond in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

centralheatking

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I used to use it alot. It is now price pre hibitive but saw this in our local wholesale motor
factors. 5 litre WD40 with dedicated sprayer. No aerosol, cheaper and save the planet. £20.00 but Aldi stuff is still cheaper
C044C976-F0EB-4777-A25F-85E14D39C393.jpeg

Plusgas isn't actually the same. Plusgas is designed predominantly for disassembly whereas WD40 is predominantly for lubrication.

As WD40 is hydrocarbon based, it should never be used with anything containing rubber otherwise it will be ruined.

Plusgas isn't actually the same. Plusgas is designed predominantly for disassembly whereas WD40 is predominantly for lubrication.

As WD40 is hydrocarbon based, it should never be used with anything containing rubber otherwise it will be ruined.
I wouldn’t normally do this Dave. But you might need to check your info on WD40 mate.

Never used plusgas, must get some and try. Sounds like it may come in handy on my racecar

I’m an AC90 man myself. I hasn’t let me down yet. Even on toilet cistern bolts that have been on for 20 years.

I’m under the impression that WD40 has not been a lubricant for some years. Sure they even label it as it penetrating oil.

I’m an AC90 man myself. I hasn’t let me down yet. Even on toilet cistern bolts that have been on for 20 years.

Ac90...

Some bloke who vapour blasted my block recently, was extremely proud that he’d lathered my journals in this stuff... it leaked all over my outer casing.considering I wanted to paint my block.

I can't honestly tell the difference between them but I use GT85 which is supposed to have a bit of PTFE in it and can be had for about a tenner for three cans (400ml)

Ac90...

Some bloke who vapour blasted my block recently, was extremely proud that he’d lathered my journals in this stuff... it leaked all over my outer casing.considering I wanted to paint my block.
Ha ha ha, I thought what the hell does that mean...

Does Bogrodder live in a tower block and its some sort of industrial cleaning process that washes everything down including his books and journals..

Has he had his head steam cleaned...or I think its engine block? :p

It has some lubricating properties just not enough to call it an outright lubricant, unlike the other products in their range you shouldn't use it on chains, gears, hinges or firearms...

gums them up apparently ;).

Reply to WD 40 Price Gone Through the Roof and Beyond in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock