Search the forum,

Discuss Wc pans Positioned back to back in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi I’m doing up a cottage. By rearranging a couple of walls upstairs I can replan the bathroom (making it smaller) and include an en-suite to one of the bedrooms. But to achieve this means that In plan the wc pans will be essentially back to back with a wall between. I can position one of the wcs so that its spaced 2-300mm off the dividing wall. is it possible for the wastes from the wcs to use the same waste pipe via a double branch of some sort or do the wastes have to be offset in some way? Thanks

Hi I’m doing up a cottage. By rearranging a couple of walls upstairs I can replan the bathroom (making it smaller) and include an en-suite to one of the bedrooms. But to achieve this means that In plan the wc pans will be essentially back to back with a wall between. I can position one of the wcs so that its spaced 2-300mm off the dividing wall. is it possible for the wastes from the wcs to use the same waste pipe via a double branch of some sort or do the wastes have to be offset in some way? Thanks

Avoid a double branch I have had to change this configuration on a job as when the cistern is flushed it will fill the pan you will need to offset the connections have a look the attachment, page 18 shows how to do so it works.

Attachments

• Soil_Waste_Installation.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
If you tee them together (back to back), you will undoubtedly send solid matter from one WC to the other. You need to stagger the connection.

Thanks for all your comments and help I thought it may be a problem, all much appreciated. I’ll have to offset the wastes in some way otherwise it looks like poo ping pong would result.

You might find this type of fitting useful
1600255162620.jpeg

a corner branch pipe in 110mm.

Could you do it something like this ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200917-191850_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20200917-191850_Drive.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Wc pans Positioned back to back in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock