Search the forum,

Discuss WB EasyControl & CH Permanently On in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I removed a cheap wireless control panel, & instead installed a WB EasyControl with the RF Key. The key's paired with the thermostat and boiler and I can control the thermostat with the EasyControl app. However, when I turn the heating down to say 5 degrees to turn the heating off the pump is still running and the radiators are still tepid, except for the radiator with no TRV, that one seems to be very warm.

I haven't got weather dependant enabled and AFAIK there's no frost protection enabled. When I removed the wireless wall control panel I linked the cables and linked the boiler's CH LR.

Is it possible I have a faulty PCB or is there an explanation for the pump constantly running with a warm uncontrolled radiator?

Cheers

Ian

Have you removed the feed / all your existing wiring from the boiler eg should just have lne in

I've linked the original feed (red & blue) to the boiler's feed (brown & black). To get a 15v EMS live to where the old analog thermostat was installed I've utilised both of the redundant twin & earth cables (I only needed one) that we're routed from behind the control panel to where the old cylinder system by linking them and then linked them to the 3rd twin and earth that returned to the old analog thermostat's location.

By then utilising both black wires that controlled the CH LR I was able to connect to the EMS bus and link them to the redundant twin and earth cables that I linked to the old thermostat's cable. I obviously just had to ensure the polarity was correct given both of the LR black wires.

Although it may sound complicated, it shouldn't affect the boiler's power as all the redundant twin & earth cables are now doing is routing the EMS' 15v supply to the old thermostat's cabling which has allowed me to successfully mount the wireless EasyControl thermostat where the old analog one was.

Where the old immersion heater switch was I've installed a 230v wall socket. That I believe is on its own circuit. The twin and earth cables I've used to route the 15v EMS feed I believe originally supplies a live feed for the old system's pump and 3-way valve.

I thought I'd just mention this to give an understanding of the topography of the whole system's wiring. It was essentially the only was I was going to get a live EMS 15v feed to where the old thermostat was installed. I only used all 3 twin and earth's to keep things tidy & to save having to trace which one was in use.

The only way I can currently control the heating is to turn the temperature down from the default 65 degrees set on the boiler's control panel to off which isn't ideal. It seems to me like the EasyControl thermostat isn't fully communicating with the boiler or there's a live feed issue. Both CH and HW LR's are linked. I would have thought it would be the EasyControl's thermostat that now controls boiler.

Have you removed the feed / all your existing wiring from the boiler eg should just have lne in

Reply to WB EasyControl & CH Permanently On in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock