Search the forum,

Discuss Wax ring in main sewage line in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

About 2 months ago I had a plumber out to remedy a rocking toilet. He pulled the toilet, noted the flange was 1 -2 inches low. He replaced the toilet and left saying he had to get approval for the repair. That night my shower wouldn't drain an the toilet was bubbling air while the shower was running. It has now been blocked for over 2 months.

The next plumber (different company) pulled the toilet and found the original guy had put 4, yes... FOUR wax rings between flange and toilet. It was obvious that wax had squeezed into the pipe and down the line.

I cleared the line with a snake once but it clogged again within 2 days. I can get wax on the snake head but I have no idea how much is in there or if I can ever clear it out completely. Chemicals? Heat? Etc?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to Wax ring in main sewage line in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock