Search the forum,

Discuss Water Underfloor heating not working - help needed to find the problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone and hank you in advance for your time.

My kitchen water based underfloor is not heating up appart from a small area near the start of the laid pipe... The remaining of the floor is permanently cold as if there was something blocking the water flow. This appened only this winter (the system is 4 Years old).

I’ve included a couple of images where I indicate the pipe that is hot and the return that is cold. There seem to be no flow of water in either tube!

If you have any idea of the problem I would really appreciate your feedback! I am not a Plummer and I don’t understand what the gauges indicate. Nevertheless, I am happy to follow some bias instructions in order to get this going again.

Many thanks again. Pedro
EA1FD1AB-7598-42E4-9D85-B169D9A061D4.jpeg

8374A7FE-E3AC-425B-83F6-8E4D19C65DB5.jpeg

Hi
It's probably air locked.
There is a specific wat of filling underfloor pipework. You will need a hose pipe connected to the mains water and to the right hand side of the manifold.
Turn off the blue and red handled valves, connect a short hose to the bottom drain connection. This can go into a bucket, or outside. Turn on water to the top hose pipe, then open both drain valves. This will allow water to go around the loop of pipe. Let it run for a couple of minutes until air stops.
Reconnect everything and turn it back on.

If my ramblings are a bit vauge. This is nearly the same as your setup and filling is the same.
Scroll to about 4 min

Many thanks for your quick reply Chalked. I’ll have a crack at it tomorrow and will report back. Many thanks again. Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Underfloor heating not working - help needed to find the problem. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock