Search the forum,

Discuss Water temperature from electric shower is a problem in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Gee

Hello,

I'm using a Triton Amber III and sometimes the water is just totally cold and other times irregular and the light at the top of the unit doesn't come on. Can anyone tell me what's happening? Thanks.

Could it be that the mains pressure varies and it stops working when the pressure drops?

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if some flats share mains water? I'm in the top floor of a maisonette and noticed the problem happens when the people downstairs use their water. My shower goes hot and cold and the temperature doesn't stay constant even if it doesn't hit scalding hot or freezing cold extremes. My neighbours downstairs have a regular visitor who is about 30 years old and of subnormal intellect so it's hard for me to say anything about it. Besides shouting and running around the neighbourhood like it's her playground, she also follows us (her upstairs neighbours) into the toilet and any other room by following our footsteps. So if we go to the kitchen she goes to the corresponding room downstairs and listens then starts giggling. That's the background to the point I'm about to make. She also goes to the toilet when we're in there showering or whatever and we know it's her because she giggles a lot. She'll turn on the tap if we do and if we're showering she'll start the washing machine and turn on the taps all at once. We've taken note of what she's been up to and noticed the correlation between the use of water from the taps downstairs and our water temp problems. It's very irritating because we have to get to work and it causes a huge delay. We've even had to use the shower at work. We wish the people downstairs would do something about her. Definitely needs to be in an insitution. Sadly, some people are allowed to roam free and cause a lot of grief for others. So I think you're right - the problem is that we share the water from the mains.The other problem is this grown up who has the IQ of a very young child.

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your reply.

Do you know if some flats share mains water? I'm in the top floor of a maisonette and noticed the problem happens when the people downstairs use their water. My shower goes hot and cold and the temperature doesn't stay constant even if it doesn't hit scalding hot or freezing cold extremes. My neighbours downstairs have a regular visitor who is about 30 years old and of subnormal intellect so it's hard for me to say anything about it. Besides shouting and running around the neighbourhood like it's her playground, she also follows us (her upstairs neighbours) into the toilet and any other room by following our footsteps. So if we go to the kitchen she goes to the corresponding room downstairs and listens then starts giggling. That's the background to the point I'm about to make. She also goes to the toilet when we're in there showering or whatever and we know it's her because she giggles a lot. She'll turn on the tap if we do and if we're showering she'll start the washing machine and turn on the taps all at once. We've taken note of what she's been up to and noticed the correlation between the use of water from the taps downstairs and our water temp problems. It's very irritating because we have to get to work and it causes a huge delay. We've even had to use the shower at work. We wish the people downstairs would do something about her. Definitely needs to be in an insitution. Sadly, some people are allowed to roam free and cause a lot of grief for others. So I think you're right - the problem is that we share the water from the mains.The other problem is this grown up who has the IQ of a very young child.
I have heard of this problem many times for many blocks of flats. A ShowerPowerBooster will boost and protect your mains water supply when others take water and will solve this sort of problem. Its a small micro pump which you can fit yourself. You cut out 110mm of pipe, slip in the pump, tighten the joints, plug the transformer in to a 3 pin socket. You buy the pump you need using this link. https://showerpowerbooster.co.uk/information/will-it-improve-an-electric-shower/

That power booster looks easy enough to fit. I'm sure I can manage that. Hope that solves the problem. Thanks Alan. Good day to you.

That power booster looks easy enough to fit. I'm sure I can manage that. Hope that solves the problem. Thanks Alan. Good day to you.
This looks like the answer to my problem, did you fit it and does it work?
[automerge]1582459875[/automerge]
@Gee Ref: The Shower Power Booster , did you fit it and does it work?

Last edited:
I don't dispute your claim but it would be nice to hear from members on this forum that have bought and installed this item
I bought a unit but didn't have to fit it in the end as the problem had gone away on its own by the time the replacement arrived.

The unit I am sure would solve my problem, however due to all pipework being hidden in walls there is no way I can find enough pipework to install the unit. 😞

The Shower Power Booster is a well proved product designed by Alan Wright and produced by Flowflex...the largest manu of plumbing fittings in UK. I have fitted probably 8 or more for customers and two in my properties. It is really a great simple well thought out device, easily fitted Diy or by a tradesman. I know Alan and understand his total commitment to the Shower power booster .
The sales back up from Norfolk is second to none. Centralheatking

Reply to Water temperature from electric shower is a problem in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock