Search the forum,

Discuss Water temp not consistent. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

We have had a problem with our Vailant ecotec pro 28 Combi boiler for a while now.
We started noticing the water temp fluctuating whilst in the shower, it gradually got worse and had a plumber out this week. He thought the problem was the diverter valve, tried to do a temporary fix whilst we waited for a new valve, but this made the problem much worse.
The new diverter valve has now been fitted, but the temperature of the hot water now coming on for a couple of minutes and then dropping to lukewarm. If we turn the shower of and then back on the hot water will return for a short amount of time. Any ideas what the problem is, now that the diverter valve has been replaced?

How old is your boiler ? how old is the system it is hooked up to ?What area are you ? Have you had the boiler and system serviced regularly. Crucially do you have a magnetic filter on the system, is it clean and are your inhibitor chemicals up to strength ? These are basic questions we need answering
and others your plumber ? should be GSR ought to have established. centralheatking

How old is your boiler ? how old is the system it is hooked up to ?What area are you ? Have you had the boiler and system serviced regularly. Crucially do you have a magnetic filter on the system, is it clean and are your inhibitor chemicals up to strength ? These are basic questions we need answering
and others your plumber ? should be 'Registered Professional Gas Engineer' ought to have established. centralheatking
It’s over 6 years old but that’s my best guess and has not been regularly serviced. I have no idea if it has a magnetic filter.
The person who has been out it a professional gas engineer, but he’s just been very hard to get hold of over the recent weeks so just wondered if anyone had any thoughts on here. I think I’m going to have to keep harassing the engineer by the sounds of it
[automerge]1577893973[/automerge]
Is it just a problem in the shower or also with other hot taps?

Could be filters or cartridge on the shower.
It’s not the shower, it happens with the taps as well. The amber light on the boiler switches off and on while the hot taps or shower are running and the temp drops to anywhere between 45 and 55. Sometimes it comes hot again and sometimes it just takes at the lower temp and only comes back if the tap or shower is turned off then on again

sounds like the plate is bunged up.
I agree esp. as the OP has no clue about filters and heating water condition or even his systems age etc. Hopefully we can guide him through the steps he needs to instigate. centralheatking I suppose its the car mentality ...problem ..garage...service...fix..BUT most heating systems are still unique and need input from their owners unless they have deep pockets. centralheatking

Reply to Water temp not consistent. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock