Search the forum,

Discuss Water tank and water query in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I have a query which I hope I can get advice on. I live on a top floor flat in a block of 6 the water is mains fed in the kitchen and bathroom but the attic has common water tanks which I believe feed the hot water and are cleaned annually.
My kitchen has a gas combi boiler.

Question:
The common water tank is going to be disconnected and I want to know if it is a good idea and safer in the long run?
I have good pressure throughout the flat and are most properties these days fed via mains fed or are people still using water tanks in attics?
Also I have a thermostatic mixer shower so would a isolation valve need to be installed on my shower and if so where would it be installed?

Thank you and I would appreciate any information or advice

It’ll be cheaper in the long run for the building owner as there’d be no annual clean out. It might be safer in terms of undue warming and frost prevention but that’s about it. You have a combi boiler, so better showers. Some showers state isolation valves should be fitted, but iirc it’s not a requirement of the water regulations.

If the common tank only supplies hot water but you aren't using it as you have a combi then it won't affect you. As for the others, while I like having some water stored in the house, it is technically safer not to store water.

Lots of cisterns are still in use and I still come across more houses with a cistern than with all-mains pressure systems. Obviously the system connected to them needs to be designed with the resultant low-pressure in mind.

It does sound like the changes won't affect you or your shower.

Reply to Water tank and water query in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock