Search the forum,

Discuss Water supply to toilet in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Sorry to be asking a mundane question but my mother lives with me (she is 79) and uses a downstairs toilet. I am having to replace my toilet and can not call a plumber to fit it due to the current situation we are all in. I'm also having to order everything online.
My current toilet is a close coupled toilet with the soil pipe coming out of the back and at a 90 degree angle goes I to a pipe coming out of the ground. The water supply is on the right.

I have purchased a cheap close coupled toilet from Wickes for £47. The soil pipe and water supply are in the same position as my old toilet.

No doubt the new toilet will be a different size so what do I purchase to make sure the water supply from my existing pipe connects and reaches the cistern connector. Also, should I also buy a new soil pipe?

Apologies for the dumb question but I would appreciate the correct name of the parts so I can order online.

Many thanks

Wont really know for sure until you have the new toilet and can measure up the connections. You may or may not need a new pan connecter (Pipe from pan outlet to pipe in floor), McAlpine is the choice of many with a wide choice of pan connectiors to view online. Cistern feed pipe problems will be easy to get around, easier if there is an isolation valve close by.

Reply to Water supply to toilet in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock