Search the forum,

Discuss Water supply to toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,
Sorry to be asking a mundane question but my mother lives with me (she is 79) and uses a downstairs toilet. I am having to replace my toilet and can not call a plumber to fit it due to the current situation we are all in. I'm also having to order everything online.
My current toilet is a close coupled toilet with the soil pipe coming out of the back and at a 90 degree angle goes I to a pipe coming out of the ground. The water supply is on the right.

I have purchased a cheap close coupled toilet from Wickes for £47. The soil pipe and water supply are in the same position as my old toilet.

No doubt the new toilet will be a different size so what do I purchase to make sure the water supply from my existing pipe connects and reaches the cistern connector. Also, should I also buy a new soil pipe?

Apologies for the dumb question but I would appreciate the correct name of the parts so I can order online.

Many thanks

Wont really know for sure until you have the new toilet and can measure up the connections. You may or may not need a new pan connecter (Pipe from pan outlet to pipe in floor), McAlpine is the choice of many with a wide choice of pan connectiors to view online. Cistern feed pipe problems will be easy to get around, easier if there is an isolation valve close by.

Reply to Water supply to toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a mystery, my bathroom has a sewage smell appears to get far worse 5pm-9pm. I have plugged my bathroom/sink with plugs and its 100% coming from the toilet. Tried Lugi worlds best plunger, that air gun blaster and 50 buckets of hot water down the toilet for 2-3 days and no joy, the...
Replies
Views
Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally after they left I started experiencing yellow water (pale) from all my taps - hot and cold, including the toilet. This was intermittent and then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock