Search the forum,

Discuss water running from F&E tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maureena

Hi

when the boiler is running the water is constantly overflowing from the F&E tank, I have a fully pumped system serving 8 radiators. We recently had a new pump fitted and put scale inhibitor in the system as we are in a hard water area. The problem with the water overflowing has only started a couple fo weeks ago and we have done nothing else to the system ( unless the plumber did when he fitted the pump), any ideas as to what the reason for this overflow of water is?:confused:

Maureen

f and e tank gas,

try turning pump down.

pumping over.

stat on boiler faulty water getting to hot which will also cause water to pump over.

Last edited by a moderator:
when i checked the pump it was set on 1 so i put it on 2 this has made things worse so i put it back to 1 and water is still overflowing any ideas?

It appears that the indiect coil in the cyilinder is broken / burst - turn off the heating and hot water does it stop (give it 10 minutes or so) if it does, there you go if it don`t let us know:)

if you have the old pump, is it identical to the new one, bigger head pump could cause problems if not needed I believe, shout me down if wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to water running from F&E tank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock