Search the forum,

Discuss Water Regulations Certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howsie

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Do all plumbers have to have one?

Yes, How can you work on the water supply if you don't understand what the law requires. (but sadly not many do have the ticket)

Only a plumber who has their water reg's ticket can issues a completion certificate (normally their bill) to the customer which means that the installation complies, otherwise if the installation / work breaks the Law they (the water user) could be prosecuted, not the installer.
It is regrettable that none are & so those who don't know what they are doing just carry on with immunity.

I done mine about 5-6 years ago and was told it was going to be made mandatory, whether it has or not I dont know?? I dont even know if it expires every 5 years like gas or not.

How do you go about getting it? I read somewhere you need to be level 2 nvq is that true?

I done mine about 5-6 years ago and was told it was going to be made mandatory, whether it has or not I dont know?? I dont even know if it expires every 5 years like gas or not.
No & No, not mandatory & is still "ever green" as Water Reg's 1999 is still current.
Were you aware of half the stuff that came up when you took yours ??

When I did my NVQ level 3 cert a couple of years ago, we sat the test for the water regulations and the G3 unvented cert from BPEC. Its something in your war chest and im glad the college offerd this as part of the level 3 but thats more down to the college than it being a 'must'.

How do you go about getting it? I read somewhere you need to be level 2 nvq is that true?
Not quite sure if you are the same as England, with your Byelaw 2000 (ask Tanz on here he will know) but here you don't need any qualifications they just say working in the industry.
Book yourself on a one day course, you will get a manual & it should take you a good week or so to work through it doing a couple of evening a week, make sure you do it before you go to get the most out of the training.

When I did my NVQ level 3 cert a couple of years ago, we sat the test for the water regulations and the G3 unvented cert from BPEC. Its something in your war chest and im glad the college offerd this as part of the level 3 but thats more down to the college than it being a 'must'.
You cant get the Level 3 NVQ without passing those two Carl86, so it is a must as far as the industry is concerned.

You cant get the Level 3 NVQ without passing those two Carl86, so it is a must as far as the industry is concerned.

My post was more to do with the college offering it in with the NVQ rather than me having to pay extra to do do it afterwards along with the G3 ticket. However I was unaware you couldnt pass it with out the water regs, so I stand corrected.

No & No, not mandatory & is still "ever green" as Water Reg's 1999 is still current.
Were you aware of half the stuff that came up when you took yours ??

I didnt realise how many regulations there were to be honest. I have probably forgotten alot of them aswell, I havnt even picked up the book since I did the training unlike my gas books which I regularly read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Water Regulations Certificate in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock